Well - I guess you could call it a find...

sierraipa

Jan 3, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My lovely wife, after putting up with me starting this hobby got a bit tired of me pining about looking for those elusive silver coins. So, out of seemingly nowhere, she pulls out these old coins that she has been keeping since a young girl. Now, I must say that I have never been a coin guy until I started this hobby, but I was very interested in what she had to show. So here it is. I didn't see any key dates. Nearly all the pennies are wheats. Most all of the other coins are silver. I was / am pretty psyched. They are not worth that much money all together, but it is pretty cool.

Here is a pics of the spoils...

beth.jpg

Upvote 5

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm too busy trying to read the writing on the paper, looks like something land survey or real estate related....I'm nosy like like that. Cool finds!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see she had her own little stash ..COOL...My wife calls my machine "my mistress" She curses it ,me and many times has hoped I find nothing! OH HOW SHE FORGETS THE 10k gold CROSS,THE 14k ring w/small diamonds;&her birthstone ,many 10k hoop ear rings &2011 Christmas gift 14k ring w/1k high quality Q.Z [900,00$ PRICE TAG STILL ATTACHED & last Christmas a 14k white gold ring /w.23k of small stones [diamond] IM sorry for the RANT on this thread but like yesterday it angers me when she wishes my 1 & only working machine would" fall apart" Anyway happy hunting & May your wife come to enjoy your hobby .

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk up her collection and see if she would like to add to it. Then if she says yeah jump oit and out your detector in her hands amd let her find some coins.

OP
OP
S

sierraipa

Jan 3, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Davers! That is a lot of gold. Are you hunting the beach or just dry land? I guess I should count my lucky stars. My wife actually doesn't mind me going out. She is into horses, so she gets her horse time, and I get my detecting time.

Gerry, She loves to roll coins and sort through things like that. Maybe I can interest her in coin roll hunting ;)

Homestead Hunter, that is too funny about the paper. I don't even know what it is, and it is in the recycling by now or else I would try and satisfy your curiosity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread