Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (Minus the Planes!)

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Well today was my 1st day of a much needed vacation, so I went down to a couple houses that are going to be tore down to make way for an underpass at the R.R. crossing. Question??? What do you do when the city has NO TRESSPASSING signs hanging all over the houses that have perfectly good yards to hunt???
Well I figured the day after Christmas all the Police would probably just drive on by thinking I just got a new toy. Fortunately nobody stopped to yell at me and I was able to do a quick but nervous hunt of a couple yards. Here is what I found, 2 toy cars and a tootsietoy caboose.
carsandcaboose.jpg
The caboose is missing 3 of the wheels - any idea you experts how old it is - I as guessing around 1950's??
caboose1.jpg
The car on the far right I know is newer, but the orange car has me a little curious. When I found it I just stuck it in my pocket for clean up at home. When I started cleaning the dirt away I saw that it was stamped out with no real guts to it.
pontiac.jpg
And on the bottom it says 'PONTIAC' with a 3 (i think) sideways to the 'PONTIAC'. Another one for the experts if you please !!??
pontiac3.jpg
Well I hope everyone had a very "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and got what they wanted and that you all have a very Happy New Year !!

Mark (A.K.A. ivy_walls)

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked in the department in a moderate sized city that routinely condemned houses for demolition. They were posted with no trespassing signs for the structures only because most of them were structurally unsound. The house or structure and the land was still owned by the property owner unless it was sold for City liens for the cost of demolition. Technically you probably should get permission from the property owner to hunt the yards, but I only know of a very few that even cared let alone objected. If the structure is being demolished by the city to make way for development, it is usually owned by the City or County depending on who is doing the project. Sometimes it is even HUD, a federal program and they always post the property but their signs say something about the property of the federal government. In any case I wouldn't think you would have too much to worry about hunting the yards. Just stay out of the structures. Monty

scarynickname

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
My Grandma used to buy me cars like that during the late 70's early 80's. They came in a multipack something like 12 for $2.00 at Wallgreens.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Love the Caboose! Nice finds...! I agree with Monty...just stay out of the buildings and you should be fine !

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Ivy - I agree with everyone else, stay out of the structures and you should be just fine. Very cool toys . . . ;D

HH/NS

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds~

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions