Bama Gals Hunt with Quindy Today-Several Relics Dug!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Bama Gals Hunt with Quindy Today-Several Relics Dug!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2883 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Bama Gals Hunt with Quindy Today-Several Relics Dug!!

We had some Bama visitors today who have wanted to hunt Tennessee for some time and have had a standing invitation for years. Unfortunately, Doug and Josh both had work commitments on Saturday and the trip developed very late in the week. They did get an opportunity to join us for the after hunt dinner. Nana40 and Lisa drove up with their husbands Charlie and Bruce. Since the girls rarely have an opportunity to hunt a CW camp, I was their guide at a hard hunted (but still productive) site for a 6 hour hunt. My goal was to help each of the girls to find a button, various caliber pistol balls, .58 cal. 3 ringers, and other CW goodies from the Union camp to take back to Bama with them. As Doug, Josh, and Tennessee Digger will tell you that was an ambitious goal for that hard hunted 1862 site. If time permitted, I also wanted to show them some cool historic sites in the area.
    The girls were very frustrated with their machines at first but quickly made some adjustments to somewhat cope with that hot Tennessee soil in the camp. I think a F75 is in their future after they saw the performance of my machine today. I bet they will each will have a F75 the next time we hunt.
    As you can see, the girls had a good relic day. I had not seen Charlie in almost 2 years (although I had talked to him on the phone) so we had a chance to chat during lunch. Lisa’s husband Bruce came later in the day and he and Charlie visited a local gun store-imagine that.
    I hope our visitors had as much fun as I did today. Nana and Lisa were definitely my prettiest hunting partners ever. HH and enjoy the video, Quindy.
    My CW relics in 2013=61

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0365.JPG 
Views:	298 
Size:	566.3 KB 
ID:	738822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0371 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	738827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0364 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	738829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0386 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	739749  
    Last edited by VOL1266-X; Feb 11, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Q-
    I'm glad you were able to show the Bama Babe's a good time. Looks like some Tenn CW history was recovered by those two pros.
    Any Margarita's make it to the dinner table? :-)
    I hope you saved some CW relics for an NC rookie.
    Thanks for the pictures and video!
    -JW-
    BuckleBoy likes this.
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

Nov 2012
    Stafford,Virginia
    Fisher 1266x and a shovel
    1285 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nothing like getting the ladies out on a hunt !!! Keep at it i'm waiting for you too find that Confederate enlistedmans Belt Plate

Nov 2012
    Stafford,Virginia
    Fisher 1266x and a shovel
    1285 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernMiner View Post
    Q-
    I'm glad you were able to show the Bama Babe's a good time. Looks like some Tenn CW history was recovered by those two pros.
    -JW-
    Pretty NC buckle... Was looking @ your post from 2009 the other day with another relic hunting partner. Great stuff...

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2883 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernMiner View Post
    Q-
    -JW-
    We talked about you & the Margaritas several times during the hunt MM. Since Bruce & Charlie both had to drive 3 hours back to Bama (while Nana & Lisa slept-LOL)and all the Trio crew had to drive, we passed on the drinks. The Bama gals cleaned out that camp-LOL. We are looking forward to your visit. HH, Q.

HSD, the gals were a hoot to hunt with. As to the CS buckle, we are trying. I have dug a CS rectangular plain brass militia plate but nothing with CS on it or the frame types. Most of our CS camps are early war and they were not outfitted with the good stuff here until after mid 1863 Thanks for looking and MM's NC buckle was a Best Find in W & E magazine. HH, Q.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Charter Member
    CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

Jun 2006
    Moonlight and Magnolias
    Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver µMax
    6909 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    GREAT stuff you dug, and I'm sure great FUN had by everyone! I'm working on a video now of our hunt. Nothing spectacular, but an interesting history on the two tokens we dug--which DO match the one dug while you were in town. More on that later. Congrats to the Bama Beauties, and congrats to you for successfully completing the Relic Q & A delivered by Quindy!

Cheers,

Buck
    2020 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    Republic of Texas Navy Cuff Button
    US Civil War Belt Plate
    Eagle Breastplate
    Cast C Cavalry button (“T. Miller Houston”)
    Three Louisiana Pelican Cuff Buttons
    Louisiana Pelican Coat Button
    3 gram gold nugget from a plantation site
    Shield from an 1820-30 Artillery Shako Cap Badge
    Corps of Artillerists and Engineers Button 1798-1802
    Four CW eagle coat buttons
    Two CW eagle cuff buttons
    French Navy Equipages de Ligne button (1 piece, 1830-40s)
    Two New York Staff Officer Cuff Buttons
    Colonial silver sleeve link/button made from a half real
    Monogrammed Silver Love Token
    TWO M1858 Remington Revolver Trigger Guards
    bone die eyeballed
    Silver spoon made by Alexander McGrew 1805-1836
    Coin Silver mid-1800s "Fede Ring"
    1820s-30s silver eyeglasses frame fragment
    End of a gold crucifix or mechanical pencil
    Tip of a silver mechanical pencil
    William IV farthing (1830-1837)
    dateless half real
    half-cut half real (“quarter real”)
    1781 and 1807 half reales
    1840 quarter franc French silver
    1850 20 centimes French silver
    1851-O, 1852 three cent silver and a dateless 1/4 of a three cent silver
    Two 1839-O, 1840, 1842, 1848-O, 1851, 1851-O, 1852-O, two 1853's, 1856, 1856-O, 1857, Two 1857-O’s, 1858 (holed), three 1858-O, an 1859-O and a dateless Seated Half Dime
    1839, 1854-O, 1874, 1891-O, one dateless Seated Liberty Dime, and one dateless half-cut Seated Liberty Dime
    1896-O Barber Dime
    1953-D Roosie
    1877-CC and 1875 Seated Quarters
    1858-O Seated Half Dollar
    1892-O, 1899 and 1906-O Barber Quarters
    1940 Washington Quarter
    1942-P, three 1943-S and two 1943-P War Nickels
    shotgun breechblock
    iron prisoner shackles
    picket pin
    Spurs
    Plantation tokens
    Minieballs, Beefaloes, V and Shield Nickels, and some GawGag

OUR 2019 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...9-wrap-up.html
    OUR 2018 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...nths-late.html
    OUR 2017 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ts-photos.html
    OUR 2016 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post5286759
    OUR 2015 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...what-year.html
    OUR 2014 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...lots-pics.html
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    328 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    That looks like a great hunt. I really enjoyed meeting Nana, Lisa and their husbands for dinner. They are real good people. Also it kinda hurts me that you think they are prettier than me.LOL
    Dman

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    9513 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    How gracious of you to share a hunt and the history lessons. It looks like they had a lot of fun. Sounds like you have some good land owners that enjoy having you all out. That is important. Glad the Ala. Gals had fun and were sucessful. Another good video.
    HH
    TnMtns

us
    Relic Hunter & Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
    1338 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Nice video!
    "A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

My YouTube channel

Amazon author's page

RelicsandBones.com

Facebook

Descended from Patriots & Rabble-Rousers.

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    2070 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    It was good to see some 'fluff' added to the Tenn.Trio You go girls! Congrats on the CW relics, and to Q for being the host with the most! Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

us
    Dec 2012
    Virginia
    Teknetics T2 Garrett AT Pro XP Deus
    78 times
    Relic Hunting
    Saw "Bama Girls"...and I was looking for that quarterback's girlfriend!

us
    Nov 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
    1330 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Great hunt and it's always nice to see the ladies get out there and dig in this typically "male" hobby! HH

P.S. - Get them girls an F75 pronto! lol
    Last edited by matt092079; Feb 10, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
    "Life's a garden. DIG IT!!!" - - Joe Dirt

OH Quindy! What a wonderful time we had! You are a wealth of information and Southern gentleman through and through. Let me tell ya folks, he's one of the best. We learned so much from him and had a blast doing so....Except maybe for being quizzed as soon as the video started to run. I now know what the deer in the headlights thinks. nothing. I probably couldn't have remembered my name if he had asked me. haha! Loved the whirl wind tour of the beautiful historic sites we encountered.
    I somehow found myself sitting in the back seat of the truck yesterday, so I didn't have to be the gatekeeper. Guess who volunteered?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4425-001.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	739243
    Nothing but Southern hospitality right there.

I will have to say that I had the highest regard for my MXT before yesterday. Quindy and his F75 soon made me re-think what I thought about my machine. The only thing I can say (unless somehow proven other-wise (here's your chance)) is that yesterday, Lisa (DFX) and I watched in amazement as Quindy found targets that our machines could not even come close to. example: He would come across a target, call us over and get us to scan our machines over it. NOTHING. Not even a little bleep. :X Even after several adjustments and ground balancing. So he dug the hole and we could see the target in the bottom of the hole. (guessing eight to nine inches down) Still nothing. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed. Makes me wonder what we have missed all these years. We did end up with a few super CW relics and a great horseshoe that I am claiming to be from the Cavalry. Also dug a million nails that I'm sure came from Cavalry horseshoes too. hahaha!
    By the way Josh and Doug, Quindy dug a fab eagle button and he bought lunch. Southern gentleman, eh? And I want to see a pic of that button too, Q.
    As the day lingered on, the cows rotated to our side of the pasture. Now Lisa is not fond cows, but Quindy convinced her not to be afraid and that if she so desired, she could probably herd those heifers right back to the barn. (Not really...Charlie is pretty good with the photoshop.) hahaha! The real story is, Lisa saw those cows heading out our way and she was ready to go to lunch.

Name:	Lisa and cows.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	739241

Here's Lisa and Quindy hunting later in the afternoon. What a spectacular day. The weather was just lovely.

Name:	130209-IMG_20130209_155745_269.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	739242
    So after our hunt we met up at Chili's for dinner. Lisa and I had talked all day about that margarita we were sure to have. I really don't know how we got out of there without one? Maybe the fact that we were distracted when Josh and Burt, uh, I mean Doug joined us for dinner. What a great surprise to have them there! Was so nice to meet you all and truly enjoyed your company. Thank you! Maybe someday we'll get to hunt together. Josh brought that beautiful three cent'er and we all drooled over it. lol

Name:	130209-IMG_20130209_183622_659.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	739244
    Quindy, the video was terrific as usual. The song is perfect. Southern born girlies. And if we spoke with any more of a Southern drawl than we do, you wouldn't be able to understand a thing we say. I'm sure of it. haha!!!
    Thanks again for having us over and spending your Saturday with us.
    Nana
    Breezie and BuckleBoy like this.

us
    Tennessee Digger

Sep 2011
    Nashville
    Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
    689 times
    Quindy....you are an excellent host to say the least and I'm sure they learned a lot from you. Hard to believe that there are STILL relics in that place. I enjoyed your video and will talk to you during the week. Tennessee digger

us
    Nov 2005
    Ohio
    Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Wow Quindy, Great video, I hope when we hit the field Monday that it is nice and warm like y'all had. LOL Looking forward to seeing you and Doug and Josh again. Earl has high hopes that we will all do good hunting with you guys. I am wondering if I should use my F-75 or my GPX 4500. They are both great detectors. See you, bright and early in the Morning. Again, looks like y'all had a Great time. Good friends, good relics and a good time had by all, can't beat that. Denny ( Ringfinder )
    Minelab GPX 4500, Nautilus IIB, ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Depth Pro, Fisher 1235, Fisher F-75, Minelab Explorer II, X-terra 70

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links