Bama Gals Hunt with Quindy Today-Several Relics Dug!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had some Bama visitors today who have wanted to hunt Tennessee for some time and have had a standing invitation for years. Unfortunately, Doug and Josh both had work commitments on Saturday and the trip developed very late in the week. They did get an opportunity to join us for the after hunt dinner. Nana40 and Lisa drove up with their husbands Charlie and Bruce. Since the girls rarely have an opportunity to hunt a CW camp, I was their guide at a hard hunted (but still productive) site for a 6 hour hunt. My goal was to help each of the girls to find a button, various caliber pistol balls, .58 cal. 3 ringers, and other CW goodies from the Union camp to take back to Bama with them. As Doug, Josh, and Tennessee Digger will tell you that was an ambitious goal for that hard hunted 1862 site. If time permitted, I also wanted to show them some cool historic sites in the area.
The girls were very frustrated with their machines at first but quickly made some adjustments to somewhat cope with that hot Tennessee soil in the camp. I think a F75 is in their future after they saw the performance of my machine today. I bet they will each will have a F75 the next time we hunt.
As you can see, the girls had a good relic day. I had not seen Charlie in almost 2 years (although I had talked to him on the phone) so we had a chance to chat during lunch. Lisa’s husband Bruce came later in the day and he and Charlie visited a local gun store-imagine that.
I hope our visitors had as much fun as I did today. Nana and Lisa were definitely my prettiest hunting partners ever. HH and enjoy the video, Quindy.
My CW relics in 2013=61

Attachments

• DSCN0365.JPG
    DSCN0365.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCN0371 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0371 (640x480).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN0364 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0364 (640x480).jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN0386 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0386 (640x480).jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 9

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
I'm glad you were able to show the Bama Babe's a good time. Looks like some Tenn CW history was recovered by those two pros.
Any Margarita's make it to the dinner table? :-)
I hope you saved some CW relics for an NC rookie.
Thanks for the pictures and video!
-JW-

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like getting the ladies out on a hunt !!! :thumbsup: Keep at it i'm waiting for you too find that Confederate enlistedmans Belt Plate :notworthy: :occasion14:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
I'm glad you were able to show the Bama Babe's a good time. Looks like some Tenn CW history was recovered by those two pros.
-JW-

Pretty NC buckle... Was looking @ your post from 2009 the other day with another relic hunting partner. Great stuff... :occasion14:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Q-
-JW-
We talked about you & the Margaritas several times during the hunt MM. Since Bruce & Charlie both had to drive 3 hours back to Bama (while Nana & Lisa slept-LOL)and all the Trio crew had to drive, we passed on the drinks. The Bama gals cleaned out that camp-LOL. We are looking forward to your visit. HH, Q.

HSD, the gals were a hoot to hunt with. As to the CS buckle, we are trying. I have dug a CS rectangular plain brass militia plate but nothing with CS on it or the frame types. Most of our CS camps are early war and they were not outfitted with the good stuff here until after mid 1863 Thanks for looking and MM's NC buckle was a Best Find in W & E magazine. HH, Q.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT stuff you dug, and I'm sure great FUN had by everyone! I'm working on a video now of our hunt. Nothing spectacular, but an interesting history on the two tokens we dug--which DO match the one dug while you were in town. More on that later. Congrats to the Bama Beauties, and congrats to you for successfully completing the Relic Q & A delivered by Quindy! :D

Cheers,

Buck

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That looks like a great hunt. I really enjoyed meeting Nana, Lisa and their husbands for dinner. They are real good people. Also it kinda hurts me that you think they are prettier than me.LOL
Dman

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How gracious of you to share a hunt and the history lessons. It looks like they had a lot of fun. Sounds like you have some good land owners that enjoy having you all out. That is important. Glad the Ala. Gals had fun and were sucessful. Another good video.
HH
TnMtns

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was good to see some 'fluff' added to the Tenn.Trio :laughing7: You go girls! Congrats on the CW relics, and :thumbsup: to Q for being the host with the most! :) Breezie

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saw "Bama Girls"...and I was looking for that quarterback's girlfriend!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and it's always nice to see the ladies get out there and dig in this typically "male" hobby! HH

P.S. - Get them girls an F75 pronto! lol

Last edited:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH Quindy! What a wonderful time we had! You are a wealth of information and Southern gentleman through and through. Let me tell ya folks, he's one of the best. We learned so much from him and had a blast doing so....Except maybe for being quizzed as soon as the video started to run. I now know what the deer in the headlights thinks. nothing. :laughing9: I probably couldn't have remembered my name if he had asked me. haha! Loved the whirl wind tour of the beautiful historic sites we encountered.
I somehow found myself sitting in the back seat of the truck yesterday, so I didn't have to be the gatekeeper. Guess who volunteered?
:thumbsup:
100_4425-001.jpg
8-) Nothing but Southern hospitality right there.

I will have to say that I had the highest regard for my MXT before yesterday. Quindy and his F75 soon made me re-think what I thought about my machine. The only thing I can say (unless somehow proven other-wise (here's your chance)) is that yesterday, Lisa (DFX) and I watched in amazement as Quindy found targets that our machines could not even come close to. example: He would come across a target, call us over and get us to scan our machines over it. NOTHING. Not even a little bleep. :X Even after several adjustments and ground balancing. So he dug the hole and we could see the target in the bottom of the hole. (guessing eight to nine inches down) Still nothing. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed. Makes me wonder what we have missed all these years. We did end up with a few super CW relics and a great horseshoe that I am claiming to be from the Cavalry. Also dug a million nails that I'm sure came from Cavalry horseshoes too. hahaha!
By the way Josh and Doug, Quindy dug a fab eagle button and he bought lunch. Southern gentleman, eh? And I want to see a pic of that button too, Q.
As the day lingered on, the cows rotated to our side of the pasture. Now Lisa is not fond cows, but Quindy convinced her not to be afraid and that if she so desired, she could probably herd those heifers right back to the barn. (Not really...Charlie is pretty good with the photoshop.) hahaha! The real story is, Lisa saw those cows heading out our way and she was ready to go to lunch.
:laughing7:
Lisa and cows.jpg

Here's Lisa and Quindy hunting later in the afternoon. What a spectacular day. The weather was just lovely.
130209-IMG_20130209_155745_269.JPG
So after our hunt we met up at Chili's for dinner. Lisa and I had talked all day about that margarita we were sure to have. I really don't know how we got out of there without one? Maybe the fact that we were distracted when Josh and Burt, uh, I mean Doug joined us for dinner. What a great surprise to have them there! Was so nice to meet you all and truly enjoyed your company. Thank you! Maybe someday we'll get to hunt together. Josh brought that beautiful three cent'er and we all drooled over it. lol
130209-IMG_20130209_183622_659.JPG
Quindy, the video was terrific as usual. The song is perfect. Southern born girlies. And if we spoke with any more of a Southern drawl than we do, you wouldn't be able to understand a thing we say. I'm sure of it. haha!!!
Thanks again for having us over and spending your Saturday with us. :)
Nana

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy....you are an excellent host to say the least and I'm sure they learned a lot from you. Hard to believe that there are STILL relics in that place. I enjoyed your video and will talk to you during the week. Tennessee digger

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Quindy, Great video, I hope when we hit the field Monday that it is nice and warm like y'all had. LOL Looking forward to seeing you and Doug and Josh again. Earl has high hopes that we will all do good hunting with you guys. I am wondering if I should use my F-75 or my GPX 4500. They are both great detectors. See you, bright and early in the Morning. Again, looks like y'all had a Great time. Good friends, good relics and a good time had by all, can't beat that. Denny ( Ringfinder )

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had such a great time hunting with you Quindy! It was the perfect weather and perfect company. I do wish we would have had more time though. You know those cows wanted to attack me and take my finds. haha
Just think of what we could have recovered if our detectors were up to par. Even though setting my DFX in the 'something, something mode' helped, I'm still sorely dissappointed in my machine. And yes, I was detector shopping online today!
You're the best host! Bruce and I enjoyed meeting Josh and Doug too. I'm just sorry they didn't get to hunt with us. Maybe next time. Thanks again for showing us such a great time!
Oh! And the video was great! My Dad wants a copy. :hello2:

Last edited:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't the best looking hunting partner ever? Dog gone it :) I remember meeting Nana at a couple of group hunts. Glad yall had a good time! Cheers, Shanegalang

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs ya'll. Quindy, it was nice of you to share your relic rag with the Bama girls!

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Vol looks like yall had a rela good time

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice Quindy. Looks like everyone had a great time. Congrats on some great finds. I have my MXT PRO as a back up now as I mainly use my TDI for relic hunting. At DIV I was digging bullets 18" deep with nice loud tones and I am still learning it in the Tennessee soil. Glad the Bama girls had a great time. I am sure you gave them the best Tennessee hospitality one could ever get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread