First hunt all winter

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus DMCII-Ba
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i havent been able to get out and hunt this winter due to car issues and my dad had a heart attack, but yesterday i got out for an hour and found my first French triangle base .58 cal. i went back this morning for a couple of hours and literally the first hole i dug was a 1777 2 Reales . it looks like someone started to punch it to make into a pendant, but they never actually got the punch through. its my first spanish coin and im very excited about it(any help on the mint mark would be appreciated :D). i also found a star base 3 ringer, a coat weight, some weird silver plated item. at the same site a buddy of mine pulled a navy button from the war of 1812.

Found in Virginia, for those interested.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 100_0584.JPG
    100_0584.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_0589.JPG
    100_0589.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_0591.JPG
    100_0591.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_0592.JPG
    100_0592.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Upvote 7

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.hope you're dad gets better.

OP
OP
I

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks so much, me and my mom are trying to get him healthier. that coin has had me smiling all day

OP
OP
I

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you so much for the congrats! im just happy to contribute something to the site for once :D

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Assuming it's a 4R Spanish coin (diameter would be 34mm) from Mexico means it could only be from the Mexico City mint. The MM (small 'o' over large 'M')would be to the left of the left column, right after the letters REX; on your coin the mark is obscured. The coin is .9027 pure silver.
Don.....

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope all is well with your dad. Great find what a beauty!

OP
OP
I

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the misinformation, its a 2R for sure. i was having trouble finding a site to learn about these things

OP
OP
I

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea my buddy found the 1812 button, so pics of the button will have to wait until next week when i see him, if i remember to bring the camera to the site :P.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i havent been able to get out and hunt this winter due to car issues and my dad had a heart attack, but yesterday i got out for an hour and found my first French triangle base .58 cal. i went back this morning for a couple of hours and literally the first hole i dug was a 1777 4 Reales . it looks like someone started to punch it to make into a pendant, but they never actually got the punch through. its my first spanish coin and im very excited about it(any help on the mint mark would be appreciated :D). i also found a star base 3 ringer, a coat weight, some weird silver plated item. at the same site a buddy of mine pulled a navy button from the war of 1812.

Found in Virginia, for those interested.

Thanks for looking

Those finds are awesome...I wish I could find somthing other than normal clad....Hope everything works out for your father..stay strong..I am praying for him

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great day! Hope you dad is out and about soon!

OP
OP
I

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers for my father, i really appreciate it.

i really dont know what to do with this coin, i dont want to damage it any more than the ground/bulldozers already have(luckily its only minor scratches and normal wear). i guess its time to visit the coins forum and find out :D

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mexico city is your mint for your reale. you can faintly see it in your photo. I got a 1778 2 reale back in october, my first and also from VA. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread