My first SILVER Roosevelt.....

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am really excited!!!! Tonight I took the boy over to an elementary school for a little digging. The first three coin targets were all Washingtons!! No silver though. Then a bottle cap, another quarter, a dime and finally two pennies. We set out only to dig disks. It got dark so we headed for the house. A little while ago I decided to hit the front yard again. In the dark as usual. I have ransacked the front yard.

I decided to change the game plan for the BH 3300. I use default sensitivity and/or up a notch or two with ground balance all the way down. This seems to work pretty well.....or so I thought. The soil has been very soft very deep down lately from the nice easy rains. It's wet to about 12" or more so it will be perfect for digging over the next couple of weeks. I am rambling........I set it maximum sensitivity and ground balance all the way up. The change to the machine was quite noticeable. Random high tones. They were only occasional. I could deal with that. Just a little extra re-sweep time here and there. Then BANG!!! the high tones were dinging away in my ringing ears!!! I dug down fast...but not too fast...I dug down deep.....but not too deep....I dug far enough though to pull out of the ground????? MY FIRST SILVER ROSIE!!!!!!!

I added the Rosie to my bitch list.....I mean wish list earlier in this thread. Got it tonight. OOOOOOOOF course the silver came out of the ground. In the dark. As did the others. 1 SLQ, 1 Merc, 2 Jeffersons, and finally 1 Rosie. I'm not foolingwith the pic tonight. Later. Right now it is time for a little gloating.....

I am stoked. Now it makes me wonder if.......Thanks for looking!!

Laater...

Attachments

• SilverRosie.jpg
    SilverRosie.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My first Roosevelt.....

Nice!

HH
-GC

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: My first Roosevelt.....

Great find.I read someone on here that cut their sensitivity up.When i did the same i found more.And went back to old sites as well.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Will!!! I'm still looking for my first Rosie but did find 2 mercs a few weeks ago. They were my very first silvers. Shortly after that I scored a sterling silver ring at a local school. Still no gold. Hope to get out today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread