granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a quick 30 minute hunt during lunch. Back to my parents' property where last month I found a 2 cent piece and Indian Head, so although rushed I was optimistic. The front lawn was completely frozen, but I still battled my way through it to unearth two Lincoln Memorials (1970, 1996). The side yard was very muddy and I got a coin that I thought was another 2 cent. It was close in size and orange-ish. As I rubbed the mud away I begged, "Please don't be a quarter... Please don't be a quarter." It was a quarter. Then I dug up this thing (shown with the clad). I know I've seen one before but I can't put my finger on it. Ideas?

1-15-whatzit.jpg

Off to the back yard to search in the ivy. I should have spent most my time here. The soil was very nice. Soft and crumbly. Time running out I had one more dig to go. I got a round object and I was stoked. Then I felt a base... a shank? It was too muddy to tell. I put it in my pocket and headed home for my 1pm conference call. After the call I ran it under water to reveal...

1-15-combination.jpg

Upvote 1

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Item in the first picture looks to be an old oil lamp. Hope this helps. Maybe if ya go back there you can find the rest of the safe :tongue3:

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does look like the top of a oil lamp where the wick comes threw.the second pic I don't have the combination to..lol...congrats.

OP
OP
granthansen

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mjc_lakedweller said:
Item in the first picture looks to be an old oil lamp. Hope this helps. Maybe if ya go back there you can find the rest of the safe :tongue3:

I think you may be right! We used to have a kerosene heater and you brought back a memory.

No signs of the rest of the lock, but maybe there is a safe there. If its there I will find it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions