Adrenaline at a find of a treasure of serebrenny Soviet coins.

For Airborne

Feb 18, 2013
Pskov Russia
Detector(s) used
x-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adrenaline at a find of a treasure of silver Soviet coins.

The wind opened a window leaf and woke me. I opened eyes and at once blinked from the bright morning sun. The alarm clock put in phone for the 7th mornings, still was silent.
Quickly put on, I kissed the sleeping wife, I left in a wood cool.
"Weather successful" - flashed in the head. Today according to the plan there was the village of Senkovo which was gone in war. The navigator conducted precisely to the purpose, to the east, directly on blinding, yet not heating sun. After a while, it was gone because of the thick fir-trees which have surrounded me. The X-Terra lying in a backpack, clung all the time to shaggy branches. The sudden flaw, even more them shook. Sharply darkened. Once again I looked at the navigator, to the village remained meters 500. Suddenly heavy rain went.
"Here to you and good weather" - I thought. The call cellular and a roar was distributed at once, the bright beam of a lightning broke a fir-tree top, directly over the head.
Regained consciousness from heat of fire which is coming nearer to me. Having grabbed in hands a backpack, I ran towards the former village. Voices were ahead distributed. "Probably I was outstripped by colleagues" - the neighing of a horse, shouts was heard, the shot sounded. Having a little stood also I thought, a piece of chalk I looked on the navigator-shooters and satellites weren't, phone too didn't work.
In the dark branches, with an oil lamp and a shovel broke, the person was stolen. His eyes, in the light of a flashing flame, were mad and any fateful. It dug something to the earth and rushed back to the village.
- Hands up, a fist to escape wanted-heard behind the back. By itself I lifted and at once turned. Two Red Army men stuck to me into a breast with bayonets. And suddenly. the alarm clock on cellular rang out, again the roar and a lightning stroke cast away edges aside.
I regained consciousness one, from a call of the wife on phone.
- Well when you will come, evening.
Having taken in hand a backpack, I stopped at that place where the little man, hid something. The village wasn't, hill only covered with a lilac on which the navigator accurately showed.
- Now I will come-answered. Having included, the melted-off X-Terra, I started conducting about the biggest oak. Strong signal - there was a rusty oil lamp. "Somewhere I already saw it" - flashed in the head. A little more also the ringing color signal was heard. I dripped, couple of white coins from above, then ten, and then began. brilliant, some they covered with greens poured from everywhere. But it any more didn't surprise. Only 220 pieces.
Certainly, all it seems improbable, but occurred actually. Still I after remembered that that person that with a lamp had, there were two parcels, he carried away the second with itself(himself). ) And the X-Terra, it is visible because of a lightning I burned down later, and it is a pity.
On a coin photo from silver of 20 kopeks, were 15 and 10 more. In total with a chain of hours of 750 grams. DSCF0519.jpg DSCF0523.jpg DSCF05533-crop-tile.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Wow! Great find. I can't say I followed your story very well, but your pictures speak clearly enough. Congratulations !

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a hoard:notworthy:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome
index.php
Very nice
index.php

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic discovery! So are you saying that you daydreamed, or dreamed while asleep about the man who buried the coins over 80 years ago? That makes your find even more interesting.

Even at 50% silver that is a wonderful collection of Soviet coins, great work on your research and finding the location of the old village!

ace1968

May 21, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3000, ATPro, Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me want to go back to Russia.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Airborne,

So many kind questions to ask of you from my curiosity of your interesting story and finds. I hope you will not take offense at my asking:

Your member name, "For Airborne", were you a member of the Airborne unit showing on the picture of the shoulder patch? Or if not why did you choose that name and picture?

It seems some of your story is in a dream you were having that was ended by a call from your wife, yes?

There was a lightning strike, dream or real? Did it damage your equipment? Was this something that happened during

a battle that you went back to investigate the area many years later?

Thank for posting your interesting story....................63bkpkr

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Congratulations!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great cache of silver coins......What is the date of the oldest coin?.......and also the date of the newest coin in the cache?

Thanks

Bill

OP
OP
For Airborne

For Airborne

Feb 18, 2013
Pskov Russia
Detector(s) used
x-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Airborne,

So many kind questions to ask of you from my curiosity of your interesting story and finds. I hope you will not take offense at my asking:

Your member name, "For Airborne", were you a member of the Airborne unit showing on the picture of the shoulder patch? Or if not why did you choose that name and picture?

.................63bkpkr
Great cache of silver coins......What is the date of the oldest coin?.......and also the date of the newest coin in the cache?

Thanks

Bill

Coins from silver, from 1922 to 1929, only 220 pieces + a chain of hours from silver. After 1931 in the USSR ceased to let out coins from silver.
Yes, quite right, I served in airborne forces, on a hand the tattoo means something to make for airborne forces, for example to drink the left hand with a tattoo), and on a photo the word Za VDV it as my quality mark.

Last edited:

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mate, those translation programs turn good Russian (or whatever) into some kind of weird modern poetry, that distorts meaning like a circus mirror.
Great haul of coins though - Nuggy

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Don't let your wife see you used her spaghetti-strainer for cleaning your coins! Nice silver. Didn't have the patience to try and read the novel though.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mate, those translation programs turn good Russian (or whatever) into some kind of weird modern poetry, that distorts meaning like a circus mirror.
Great haul of coins though - Nuggy
Modern poetry. lol :laughing7: A little hard to read but I got the gist of it. Nice cache of coins Airborne and welcome to Treasurenet.

OP
OP
For Airborne

For Airborne

Feb 18, 2013
Pskov Russia
Detector(s) used
x-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I thank for congratulations. Transfer was got the clear? I think clearly that finding of a treasure by me is taken as a basis and added a little fantasy, for interesting reading.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! That is the kind of find we all dream of!! May you find more like it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread