Old Chruch site & One Room School House site, (1851 Large Cent)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Chruch site & One Room School House site, (1851 Large Cent)

Hi All,
Gary and I got out today, we wanted to hunt our Happy Trails site, but the hunters were everywhere. It's Muzzleloader Gun Season for deer here in Ohio. Only three days, but of course it has to be when the weather is still warm here in Ohio.

So we had to hunt at other places in the wide open. We went back to the church site we have hunted many times. I'll be darn if we didn't find more coins at that site. Was really muddy, but when your finding good stuff, you just don't care.

After we left here we hit another church that was still standing. The only coin found at this site was a 1924 Mercury dime and I found that. We moved on and headed home. On the way we stopped at another one room school house. We did pretty good here too and we have hunted this place a lot. The wet soil really helps and we are using our new 9x12 coils on our ACE 250's. One of the coins I dug just before leaving was a 1851 Large Cent.

Gary's finds for the day were a 1928 SL Quarter, 3 IH's 1887, 1889 & 1890 and 4 wheat Penny's in the 1920 area.

I found a 1851 Large Cent, 4 IH's 1880, 1882, 1884 & 1903. I also found a 1892 V nickel and a 1939 nickel and a 1924 Mercury dime. I also found two really worn rings.

Not bad for a really wet day the end of the year. Hope the weather holds for a few more good days of hunting.

HH All, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Gary finding IH.jpg
    Gary finding IH.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 711
  • Large cent and ace coil.jpg
    Large cent and ace coil.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 724
  • Large cent in soil.jpg
    Large cent in soil.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 703
  • Muddy IH.jpg
    Muddy IH.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Old Chruch site & One Room School House site, (1851 Large Cent)

I love the "action" photos! Really enjoyed your post, and congrats on the large cent!

-Buckleboy

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice guy's! Tsgman

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Danimal said:
So what time are we meeting Sunday Ringfinder? I gotta find a Large Cent before year's end to accomplish my goals for my first year, and it looks like you got the spot! lol.
No seriously....j/k
NOT

No really...

great finds
Looks like you better get your rain gear out for today. It's raining here in NW Ohio and it's coming your way. On the large cent, I found it at a place we have hunted lots of times. I bet there is one at the Iceberg Dan. Keep hunting and we want to see the picture when you find it. I think the new 9x12 ACE 250 coil is helping find more goodies. I know you have been using one for awhile, so you know what I mean.
BuckleBoy said:
I love the "action" photos! Really enjoyed your post, and congrats on the large cent! By the way your welcome to come over to NW Ohio anytime. Might have to wait till next year, cause we only got one day left and it's raining. Maybe next spring, but of course my partner and I want to try out that Iceberg site. LOL
-Buckleboy

Thanks Buckleboy, I try to send pictures of what it really looks like in the field. You all know what it feels like to find a nice silver coin. Well I like to take pictures of finds, right down in the mud or nice top soil. It gives a little extra to the post. The Iceberg crew gave me the idea.

HH and hope you all have a safe and Great Happy New Year!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Awesome haul, WTG!!!
Happy New Year!, Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread