Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can't help you with Ancestry.com but I can offer you another thought:
Smithfield was never a big town (137 population in 1900 ; 350 in 1940), then annexed by No. Richland Hills in 1958. You might find some information on Mr. Guinn or his family in the Smithfield Cemetery. Three years ago an onliner wrote this:
If you need to contact the Cemetery personnel directly, the number is 817-281-5278. You can email me at [email protected] and I will try to answer questions about the location of the cemetery and take a photograph of a tombstone if you need me to do that. " Her name is Judith Richards Shubert.
I've never seen a service tag that looks like yours so I'll be most interested to read what you discover.
Don........
Edit: I'll add that the tag reminds me more of an ID tag for a piece of personal property that was owned by this soldier versus being an official service tag. D.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joshr29

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mackaydon. I appreciate the contact info. I worded that very badly though. It was identified as a tag off a dog collar. I shoulda worded it better. Sorry for the mix up. HH

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Edit: I'll add that the tag reminds me more of an ID tag for a piece of personal property that was owned by this soldier versus being an official service tag. D.

looks to me more like an owner identification tag like might be found on a dog collar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread