Tarponhuntr

Feb 24, 2013
Western , NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already posted the backyard finds that we have recovered to date. But I thought I would highlight the two best parts thus far.

Wife found the two Eisenhowers within 2 ft of one another about 6 inches down with her Bounty Hunter T4.

The 10kt RGP ring was found with my Fisher F2 at around 8-10 inches. Not lucky enough to be solid gold , but hey ! Gold is Gold ! And the mystery behind the history really gets me jazzed

Silver and Gold.png

Upvote 2

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds:thumbsup:

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds congrats HH.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yall must have a large back yard niec finds ? Is there a front yard..lol

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would bring a smile to my face!

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That super neat! Love finding old stuff like that . Fun. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Tarponhuntr

Tarponhuntr

Feb 24, 2013
Western , NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yall must have a large back yard niec finds ? Is there a front yard..lol

Believe it or not , our entire yard is only .38 acres. But based on our finds thus far , there has been ALOT of living that has happend on this property thru the years.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go low and Slow......And Grid that thang!!!!!!! There's more there......................HH

OP
OP
Tarponhuntr

Tarponhuntr

Feb 24, 2013
Western , NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go low and Slow......And Grid that thang!!!!!!! There's more there......................HH

I think we're going ot have to. We hit a pay streak today with crazy hits everywhere. We know most of it is all pennies , but out of the 20 pennies we found today , we got one 1920 Wheatie. On top of that we got 5 dimes ; all 1967 for some odd reason. We really looked at the lay of the land , and all of the hits seem to follow a wash that we have in the yard. It is almost unoticable now , but it correlates with a natural drainage ditch that lies at the top of our street. SOOOOO....time machine back several hundred years. The natural drainage ditch ran straight thru our yard and did so until the streets were put in. The drainage ditch was then run under the street into a storm drain , and diverted to the current open drainage at the back of our property. This was not done until 1949. This explains so many irregularities we have found , and answers so many questions we have had about drainage problems with the house.

We have discovered that we are only currently digging in the topsoil and fill dirt that was used to level the lot in the 40's. So , who knows where the actual original soil is , and what treasures it would hold.
The fact that the house still has a well that has water visible from the surface makes me really wonder about the ancient geology of this piece of land.
I am stunned at the amount of information I am having to process , just from the purchase of a machine I was just going to use for giggles and to find "cool old stuff" !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread