May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started T-Net I said I would post everything I took home & every hunt.
Dad was busy & Land-Mag & I took a risk on a huge field that had a Roman Road which used to run throw it. Roman Roads do not hold finds but we had to search the area around it just incase. No research had lead us here, it was just another unsearched field that we now can cross off the list.
After 2 hours I had 1 musket ball & no signs of anything good. Land-Mag was whipping me at this point with 2 nice buckles, a penny, & a nice lead weight.
We decided to move to a nearby 'hunted out' Roman Site, so I could at least get 1 GPS record on the sheet. At the end of the night & after I had given up, I got 1 Roman Coin. Also, finished with a good buckle on the way back. Not a good day, but a saved day.

Funny story;
Land-Mag was digging one of the last signals of the day. He has my old Cortes, so I know it fairly well, but I surprised myself when I said that 'sounds like a Crotal Bell' - no guesses needed:laughing7: A nice complete one as well, I hope it still rings (as his dog likes to wear them).

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 1

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru,

It sounds crazy but I'd dig all day in a field like that to recover a scrappy. Finding a Roman of any type, bronze or otherwise, has always been a dream for me.

Nice post. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes not. We had been in a slump recently that finally ended in a big way today!

Cheers,

Buck

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru,

It sounds crazy but I'd dig all day in a field like that to recover a scrappy. Finding a Roman of any type, bronze or otherwise, has always been a dream for me.

Nice post. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes not. We had been in a slump recently that finally ended in a big way today!

Cheers,

Buck

Read again, the field had no Roman Coins, I had to travel a mile away (to a known 'cleared' site) to get the 1 Roman & buckle. Although if you mean the last minute change, there might be the odd coin left, but it was never a great site & it had been done by previous detectorist's.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't feel bad about your finds Cru. We all have days like that, and Dan and I had one last Friday. I guess we get spoiled from all those big days we get from time to time. But getting out and not finding much is still much better than staying home and doing nothing. I look forward to your posts, so keep doing what you're doing. Good luck ..... Bill

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool buckle.congrats

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Crotal bell has a good ring to it ! I still can't work out how you did that !???

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Crotal bell has a good ring to it ! I still can't work out how you did that !???

:laughing7:

Glad to here it, or at least I will in future. It was a good finish to your day & a better than average result for those really tough fields.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your bad day would be my best!

I don't like to use bad, only disappointing. But a zero response is important when narrowing the options. Many people see me on here & think all the fields are full of gold. This field puts that straight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread