DRAINED LAKE FINDS, finds ranging from 2000 to 1000 **PICS ADDED**

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this was one of the best hunts i had in a long time!!!!!!
it was in a point on a local lake that was all normally covered with several feet of water. but was exposed today. so i started detecting then realized some guy was yelling at us from the other side of the point. he asked me if i was detecting so i said yes. he told me that were i was had already been detected, so he said to come over where he was. long story short he told me that there was a very old house that in now in the water and a while ago some men tyred it and found very very old coins. i also learned that the point where we were was and old Native American camp site for about 700 years. after detecting for a while i gave the detector to my dad who was sifting for arrow heads and i went in the water with the waders to look for some old bottles and did rather good.
heres the days totals:
2 colonial flat buttons
1961 high school ring 10k
1940 wheat
1949-S silver Rosie
1880's blob top bottle
about 10 old soda and beer bottles
1 arrow head
1 Indian grinding stone.
some clad coins
boat anchor
and a ton of tabs

pics are comming soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,279
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,231
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,240
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,125
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,709
Upvote 1
T

TreasureTales

I keep coming back to this thread to look at that beautiful bottle. I'm drooling on my keyboard as I stare at it. What did you use to clean it? I use CLR from the hardware store, but my bottles only come out looking sparkling fresh if they weren't too dirty to begin with. I want to learn your successful way of cleaning it. Thanks.

OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
I keep coming back to this thread to look at that beautiful bottle. I'm drooling on my keyboard as I stare at it. What did you use to clean it? I use CLR from the hardware store, but my bottles only come out looking sparkling fresh if they weren't too dirty to begin with. I want to learn your successful way of cleaning it. Thanks.
i use water and a sponge with the harder side(not sure what its called) for the inside i used a long branch i found

T

TreasureTales

whitesid said:
TreasureTales said:
i use water and a sponge with the harder side(not sure what its called) for the inside i used a long branch i found

Ah, so simple yet so effective. I'll have to get a branch. ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread