found gold before i asked permission

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
hi everybody! i'm pretty new to the post but have been absorbing for a while. time to start sharing. the other day i drove to the court house to ask about detecting on county property (it's o.k. here-check where you live). i parked,stepped out of the vehicle and spotted a gold ring on the ground. then i went inside and was told i could hunt anywhere on county property including the court house grounds.i was told basically the same thing at the city hall. i also found a silver ring along a sidewalk with my detector on another day. the moral of the story? it pays to ask permission!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have found silver and i have found gold.
-more than a few buckets of trash untold.
We think what we seek is in the ground
but where our treasure is,
there will our heart be found.
For if you count blessings of freedom & health,
good friends and fond memories,
you'll have real wealth

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good day, and it's always good to ask for permission. Sure would be nice if we could see some pictures of the two rings you found.

HH, Ringfinder

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, hope you'll get some more. ;D
And welcome.

D

dugupfinds

Hi from the UK.

Always pays to get permission, well done.

Like the poem :)

OP
OP
bruizr

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
The Bulgarian said:
Were is the picture?
i plan on running "found" adds in the paper and of course any responder would need to give a detailed description of their "lost" ring before i would show or hand it over. other wise it's finders keepers for me. that's why the generic description and no pics for now.but for sure later.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bruizr said:
The Bulgarian said:
Were is the picture?
i plan on running "found" adds in the paper and of course any responder would need to give a detailed description of their "lost" ring before i would show or hand it over. other wise it's finders keepers for me. that's why the generic description and no pics for now.but for sure later.
good plan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread