Old Gold Necklace and Pendant

Jack Squat Digger

Feb 15, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
I recently bought some more farm ground right next to my place that had an old house that was build around 1900 and was moved in the late 50s. I had to cut alot of trees and brush finaly got livestock on it and able to detect it now.
I scored my best find ever when I was getting a high low tone back and forth real fast. I pulled out the dirt stuck the pin pointer in found a round piece of copper and was getting ready to put the dirt back in hole when I saw something shiny in the dirt. It was a 18k gold chain and pendant with the Virgin Mary on it. I was a little excited at first but once I cleaned it up and weighed it I reliezed what I had I was really excited

18k weighing 8 grams
Does anybody know how old it is? It is marked 750 and something else I cant read perhaps Italy? I have a video of finding it on you tube as well.

Attachments

• gold mary 004.JPG
    gold mary 004.JPG
    478.2 KB · Views: 1,180
  • gold mary 003.JPG
    gold mary 003.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 1,905
  • gold mary 005.JPG
    gold mary 005.JPG
    377.9 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 13

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell Yes!!!..Thats an Awesome Find Man...I bet your property is loaded with Shii.

it looks like an older style type chain.

Congrats my freind!

Last edited:

Stevie

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
I recently bought some more farm ground right next to my place that had an old house that was build around 1900 and was moved in the late 50s. I had to cut alot of trees and brush finaly got livestock on it and able to detect it now.
I scored my best find ever when I was getting a high low tone back and forth real fast. I pulled out the dirt stuck the pin pointer in found a round piece of copper and was getting ready to put the dirt back in hole when I saw something shiny in the dirt. It was a 18k gold chain and pendant with the Virgin Mary on it. I was a little excited at first but once I cleaned it up and weighed it I reliezed what I had I was really excited

18k weighing 8 grams
Does anybody know how old it is? It is marked 750 and something else I cant read perhaps Italy? I have a video of finding it on you tube as well.

Hello I noticed your fantastic find!!
Congratulations also if you can or already doing it but continue to search that area cause you have a marking of
750 that is the European Mark for 18K Gold.

In other words, 750 means 18K.

18K gold is 75% gold. (24K gold is 100%.) The European mark 750 refers to 750 parts per thousand, which is 75%.
You have a great find!!

Stevie

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find ! Great video as always , keep them coming !
Glen

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can't wait to see what else you find!

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! Awesome find. :)

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just looking online, and it looks like its a Old Gold Rosary Medal

MG532.JPG

Last edited:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. congrats on the gold!

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome finds - way to go on the gold - the only gold I found was a gold tooth from someone's grill - LOL

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
That's an awesome find jacksquat. I haven't found 18k yet. You should have found a 1964 rosie with it and you would have got more looks and comments, lol. Congrats!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Valuable? YES! Beautiful, awesome? DEFINITELY! Your WONDERFUL pendant may be worth more to a collector or deeply religious person than its melt value, so check that out before selling it for melt -- IF you don't keep it, that is! Last year I dug a silver rosary which had a faint "Italy" stamp on it, so perhaps yours is Italian as you mentioned -- probably many Catholic religious items were imported from Italy in the old days. HH Andi

OP
OP
J

Jack Squat Digger

Feb 15, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Valuable? YES! Beautiful, awesome? DEFINITELY! Your WONDERFUL pendant may be worth more to a collector or deeply religious person than its melt value, so check that out before selling it for melt -- IF you don't keep it, that is! Last year I dug a silver rosary which had a faint "Italy" stamp on it, so perhaps yours is Italian as you mentioned -- probably many Catholic religious items were imported from Italy in the old days. HH Andi
Thanks! Im definatly going to keep it prob forever. Im going to make a case and put all the artifacts I have found on my property with the detector and arrow heads in it. Finding it at home makes it worth more than gold to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread