image.jpg
    859.3 KB · Views: 679
Upvote 2

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re-post under the artifacts section under bottles and you'll get all kinds of responses. Or you can ask the moderator to move the post for you. HH

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jody, I've dug many of the one on the right, The one on the left,I believe the symbol is called a "keystone" Is it apple green instead of aqua ? The apple green ones bring a little more the darker they are. Price wise ??? at least $10 apeice on ebay I would think.

Tarponhuntr

Feb 24, 2013
Western , NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jars ! I have some green beans and 'maters put up in some just like those. Mine have been handed down thru the years by family though. They sure are pretty sitting on a shelf in the sunlight!

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Jody,

Welcome to Tnet & thanks for bringing the nice jars. It looks like you have others hovering in the wings, which I hope to see, too

The Hero Masons on the right has the Maltese Cross in whose arms are the letters "HFJCo.," which was the Hero Fruit Jar Co.

"H.F.J.CO…………….Letters are placed in the four arms of a cross (similar to a formée or Maltese cross) which appears on fruit jars with the “Mason’s / Patent/ Nov 30TH /1858″ embossing. Hero Fruit Jar Works, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1883-1908). Hero subcontracted some of their jar orders out to other glass companies, such as Findlay Bottle Company, Findlay, Ohio (1888-1893); Marion Fruit Jar & Bottle Company, Marion, Indiana (1888-1904); and Cumberland Glass Mnfg. Company, Bridgeton, New Jersey (1870-1900), so there is a possibility that any individual jar could have been made at one of those other factories. Please see entry on “Mason’s Patented Nov 30th 1858″ fruit jars on page three." GLASS MANUFACTURERS' MARKS ON BOTTLES & OTHER GLASSWARE~~ PAGE TWO

For my part, I'd like to see natural light photos of the jars without the lids, the lids themselves, and the bases of the jars.

For the Keystone Mason, I'd ask the same.

Thanks for showing us.

20668cd2b44636937ee94f339e85870f.jpg

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Bass said, repost it under the bottle forum and most likely a guy named Surf will help you out. He is usually very quick to respond to anything on there and knows his stuff. HH

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome mason jars!!

OP
OP
J

jody

Greenie
Mar 6, 2013
Thanks for the info. Not sure what I'm doing. Very new to this. I have several jars I would love to kno about. I am going to try o ignore out other itms we have as well. This is getting very addicting! ;-)

OP
OP
J

jody

Greenie
Mar 6, 2013
Try to "figure out" the other items. Geese. And typos too??? Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread