ace 250 kicks my mxts butt, Im not happy!

nuggetbuster

Greenie
Oct 4, 2006
ace 250 kicks my mxt's butt, Im not happy!

I recieved a ace 250 for xmas and went out in the back yard today to try it out, First let me tell you that I have a mxt and have had it for about two years now and ive wen't through my back yard many of times with it and I always go over a small area where there used to be a vegtable garden. Well, what happens? I take that $195.00 detector and in three minutes (not joking) I find a 1951 wheat penny with it about four inches down. I was so confident that I had picked the yard clean with my mxt that I carried change out and threw on the ground to see how the ace did! >:(

Upvote 0

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: ace 250 kicks my mxt's butt, Im not happy!

ive heard they are awesome machines...my wifewas supposed to get me one for xmas, but couldnt locate one. ive now been told dicks sporting goods sells them and im going there myself to see...

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo Nuggetbuster

From the land of the Bluenose.....too funny. my late friend the Bardman swung the MXT and I an 18 year old Garrett Freedom 3 Plus. Usually I found a few more coins but he was a tad older. Garreett rocks against them all...especially those flimsy Minelabs! ::)

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I own an Ace 250 & a Minelab XTerra 70 (3 x the price)

The Ace is my Go To Detector, hands down :-\

Just plain finds more stuff; can't be any simpler than that, huh :D

Dick

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All machines work on different frequencies which cause them to be better at picking up on/more sensitive to certain objects (more-so or less than other machines).

That's why one guy can walk rgt. behind another and find things the 1st guy missed when using a different machine.

It's NOT that the whites machine isn't as good/better at finding things compared to the 250

it's that the garrett 250 is sensitive to tiny objects and coins more-so than maybe your whites is and other machines too.

It is also a fact that some machines are more sensitive to copper coins/items while another is more sensitive to silver coins/items.

Both the MXT and the 250 are great machines

I've owned both (still have the 250)

The cold hard truth/facts??

NO machine is "the one" that can & does ALL more than/better than one over another.

You need several machines for several jobs/hunting styles and for finding different objects more than another will do in certain situations/soil conditions and/or for relics VS coins, or silver VS gold VS copper, etc. etc.

It's like trying to build a house with ONLY ONE tool - can you do it??

OR

Is it better & easier to do it with and get better results with "several tools"!? lol

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

if you had put your coil over it with the mxt you would've found it

T

TreasureTales

Wait a couple months and go out with your MXT and see if you find something that was missed with the Ace. This is one reason we all agree that no place is ever hunted out.

OP
OP
N

nuggetbuster

Greenie
Oct 4, 2006

Green1 said:
if you had put your coil over it with the mxt you would've found it
I agree, I must have had my ears turned off or my mxt wasn't even turned on? four inhes down on a penny, no problem for a mxt!

D

doyboy

I own an Ace 250 and a White's Pro-XL. I mainly use my White's! heheHeheHe :P

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations on buying the ACE 250. As for you finding the coin with the ACE and didn't find it with the MXT, it just happens that way. I know everytime I get a new detector, I go back to all the old places I've hunted and hunt again and find more items. You never and I'll repeat that YOU NEVER HUNT OUT A SITE. My buddy and I both use the ACE 250, with the new 9x12 coils, we also have the 9x6 coils and we both go over the same area and right behind each other and pull out coins that each of has missed.

I have a Whites XLT, Minelab Sovereign, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Fisher 1235 and a Depth Pro Head Hunter. They all work great and find great items. I just like the ACE because it is so much lighter. I have found items that my other machines haven't, but another day and they probably would have found something that my ACE didn't find.

Hope you have much success with your ACE, I know you have many great finds ahead of you. I do hope you use a headset and a probe. Both are a necessity for any detector. You need to use a probe with the ACE because once you break the halo, it is hard to find the coin, just using the coil.

HH,Ringfinder

P.S. I am including a picture of my detector and a coin I found and the SunRay Probe that is attached to the rod of the detector. I would be lost without this probe.

Attachments

• ACE and coin.jpg
    ACE and coin.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 620
  • ACE and coin.jpg
    ACE and coin.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 604

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Try not to talk too nice about the Ace 250, you get the Ire up of all the non-believing rich folks.

Just messing wit-chall,
HH,
Ramapirate

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

or should I say "Elitists"
You know who you are, I'll shut up now!

I love ya'll like family but you know I'm right,
Ramapirate

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

I have hunted the same small lot with my MXT for over a year now. This use to be a place where the town would get together and watch movies on the outside wall of the old hotel. My friend uses an XLT and I would say 4 out of 5 times we find another coin or token. I think it has a lot to do with how and which direction you are going over the coin or object.

jeff from east pa

Feb 13, 2006

I use a whites 5900di pro sl AND do very good with it. . I went hunting with my 2 friends one had a dfx and one a fisher 1266x and let me tell you my friend with the 1266x made us look like 2 kids with radio shacks. I asked him how he did so well following not far behind us. he said alot of times it's just knowing more about your machine than the other fellow does about his. TRUER WORDS NEVER SPOKEN!

leep33

Dec 30, 2006
Michigan, U.S.A.

P.S. I am including a picture of my detector and a coin I found and the SunRay Probe that is attached to the rod of the detector. I would be lost without this probe.

I had a girlfriend who was lost without her pro*e...,oop's wrong forum!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never hunted out!

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

doyboy said:
I own an Ace 250 and a White's Pro-XL. I mainly use my White's! heheHeheHe :P

Don't blame you at all. The Whites XL Pro is a great machine. Most accurate ID I have used.

I have considered buying another since I sold mine. That being said, I wouldn't replace my explorer with it...but it's a great detector to have at your disposal

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: yo Nuggetbuster

leslie(nova scotia) said:
Garreett rocks against them all...especially those flimsy Minelabs! ::)

Now I have heard you say some crazy things before...but this one takes the cake haha
Sure, my explorer gets a LITTLE floppy at times...but I'd go up against anyone, with any garrett, any day.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: yo Nuggetbuster

WessThompson said:
leslie(nova scotia) said:
Garreett rocks against them all...especially those flimsy Minelabs! ::)

Now I have heard you say some crazy things before...but this one takes the cake haha
Sure, my explorer gets a LITTLE floppy at times...but I'd go up against anyone, with any garrett, any day.

Here here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread