Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't go out for a walk today so I thought I'd clean a bit more in the attic. My but it's a mess!!! :)

Anyway, I found this old fruitcake tin and this ring box. I figured both would come in handy for finds and displays. But, both of them rattled when shook. Upon investigation, I found these:

IMGA2997.JPG
IMGA2998.JPG
IMGA2999.JPG
IMGA3000.JPG

Not too bad a reward for doing a bit of work, eh? :)

HH!

Upvote 2

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the little hammer a pin? Nice finds!

Happy Hunting!

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, it's always good to find $ that was forgotten.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey alright hammer down on that cleaning. Lol...cool find buddy.

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I plan to look in my attic at some point, gonna need a lot of lights and tight face masks lol, there's about 6"-8" of this shredded fluff insulation that i would imagine is horrendous to breathe in. Nice finds!

SportySkull

Apr 19, 2013
white rock, bc
Detector(s) used
ace 250, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A few years ago I bought a ~60 year old house here in BC. It was an estate sale. I later learned that the original owner had died when he fell off the roof. He was a real do-it-yourselfer and was up there cleaning the gutters or something like that, or so I am told by the neighbors. I believe the original insulation was rock-wool, but it was skimpy and this is Canada, so we had the insulation guys blast in more insulation on top bringing the total depth of the insulation to about 18-20". This was a few years ago. THEN, one day the niece of this poor old guy came by. She was the closest living relative I guess and she had some involvement in the sale of the house I think she was the beneficiary of the estate. She had suddenly remembered that her uncle had hidden gold coins up in the attic and suggested that we take a look. Obviously it would now be totally buried by fluff, and who knows what type of container it may be in, we had a bit of a look but found nothing. We had an ACE 250 but it didn't help much because every board has so many nails pounded into them. Does anyone have some suggestion how to locate this lost treasure? Assuming that it really does exist and wasn't found by the insulation guys..

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago I bought a ~60 year old house here in BC. It was an estate sale. I later learned that the original owner had died when he fell off the roof. He was a real do-it-yourselfer and was up there cleaning the gutters or something like that, or so I am told by the neighbors. I believe the original insulation was rock-wool, but it was skimpy and this is Canada, so we had the insulation guys blast in more insulation on top bringing the total depth of the insulation to about 18-20". This was a few years ago. THEN, one day the niece of this poor old guy came by. She was the closest living relative I guess and she had some involvement in the sale of the house I think she was the beneficiary of the estate. She had suddenly remembered that her uncle had hidden gold coins up in the attic and suggested that we take a look. Obviously it would now be totally buried by fluff, and who knows what type of container it may be in, we had a bit of a look but found nothing. We had an ACE 250 but it didn't help much because every board has so many nails pounded into them. Does anyone have some suggestion how to locate this lost treasure? Assuming that it really does exist and wasn't found by the insulation guys..

Well, I suppose you could take a long stick and poke it every few inches in the insulation. You might be able to tell difference in sound or height. The only other thing would be to pull up the insulation section by section and check. Hopefully the container wasn't discovered by the insulators. I've had a few workmen in my attic and they always seems very interested in what is up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread