Is it a pull tab - or a ring? Only digging will tell!

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
We've all had our share of hits that show pull tab - ring. And being good Md'er's, we've dug, because . . . . well, you fill in your reason! Had no reason to think this time would be any different, area was trashy, although lots of clad. Started digging, pinpointer said 6.5 inches, wanted to chop using the entrenching tool pick, but gently scraped using the side of the shovel blade. Re-checked after about 3 inches, pinpointer said, "Didn't I tell you 6.5?", so I scraped some more, then, clink, clink, shine, sparkle! Hot diggity! HAPPY NEW YEAR, RICK! Not a pull tab, my first ring! I had to sit down or fall down, I was that excited. Which meant getting back up - 15 years of martial arts teaching have left me with arthurs-itus in both knees and my left hip. Being overweight don't help, either. Wasn't a struggle, popped right back up like a pup! Ring is marked .925, and a jeweler friend says the stones are 'melees' (spelling?), diamond chips! Re-checked the hole, like to be careful, nada. Filled it in, and about 5 feet away, got another hit at 11.5, singing silver dollar. Could I be that lucky? Here we go again, be careful, scrape - could be another ring! Gotta make a BIG hole to scrape down 11.5 inches. What I got (felt like I was scraping to China) was an engraved money clip, 'JH", silver plated, no bills attached. The fact that it was 50 degrees on Jan. 1 in the Windy City only added to the day! Hope your New Year goes as well, or better!

Tourezrick

Attachments

• phphmql31AM.jpg
    phphmql31AM.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 465
  • phpngo0Z4PM.jpg
    phpngo0Z4PM.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice~

HH

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sounds like Silver Bells too me! Way to start the year!! Great story too! :D

Happy New Year!
Moon

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Great job. There is nothing quite like your first ring....until your first gold ring! HH

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
T,

congrat on that first ring. Nice.

Hope you find many more.

have a good un.........................
SHERMANVILLE

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Congrats on your first ring. Gotta love that first one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread