honeywah

Aug 29, 2006
Upvote 0

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Welcome to the forum. I don't own a BH so I'm not much help there but others here will help you out. Good luck and look forward to seeing your finds!

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BH is known as a low scale machine but I have seen some great finds while people were using it. Its a nice one to get started with but once you use or own a top of the line machine you will never pick up the BH again. Im not putting it down but there are much better out there.

T

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! I lived on Prince of Whales Island for a few months .I love Alaska!!! Still lots of gold in those streams. ;)

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any detector will get you started.......some find more ......some find less, I've found gold and silver with a 25 year old BH.............so it's a great detector!!!! good luck.
mws

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think bounty hunter detectors are fantastic for the money. I own a bounty hunter time ranger and a garrett ace 250. I prefer to use my bounty hunter. I just like the feel of it and the sound of the tones better. I have made some great finds with it including a few gold rings and silver coins. A buddy of mine has the exact machine that you have and he also has found some great stuff.

Eric

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
HWah,

welcome to the board.

You sould have no problem with that BH.
Good machine for seeing if you enjoy the
hobby.

Hope we will be seeing some of your
finds.

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from an old "Sourdough" myself. I was in Fairbanks on many occassions back in the mid 70's while I was in the army. I was stationed for 3 years at Fort Richardson near Anchorage, but spent alot of time at Ft. Greely, Nenana, Fort Wainwright, and Fairbanks in the bitter months of January. And I don't have to tell ya...............It was one cold mother up there in January.

So grettings my friend..........Rich

bagglaydee

Mar 22, 2005
Kernersville, North Carolina
Hi and welcome to the GREATEST forum!!! ;D

I just "traded" my BH for an Ace 250, well actually my son-in-law got the BH to hopefully keep him from becoming a total couch potato, but anyway....I really liked it. I'm definitely struggling with the Ace and keep comparing it to the ease of use of the BH's. You'll find plenty of good stuff with the BH, but as others have said, it's an entry level machine...yeah, I know, the Ace is still entry level, but hey....gotta beer budget going here! LOL

Good luck and just keep swinging and you'll get the hang of it in no time!

Happy hunting......Barb

T

TreasureTales

Welcome to the forum honeywah. Any modern machine is good, and your Bounty Hunter is a great starting tool. Mostly, though, it is the person swinging the machine that really counts. Read the instruction manual at least twice. Try the machine out then re-read the instruction book. After a little practice you'll understand better what the book/manual is explaining. Then go for it out in some of those old mining camps!!! We're all looking forward to seeing photos of the stuff you find up there. Happy Hunting.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. This is a great place to learn, brag, be with friends, etc.

I've never owned a Bounty Hunter, but from what I have heard and read, they are great little machines. Best of luck with it. There should be some great finds in Alaska. I'm trying to talk my wife into visiting that great state. We all look forward to you pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread