Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the saddle after a twenty year pause with a new T2 and a story.Went for a hunt a few weeks ago at the old school yard and found someone had been there before me and not filled in their holes. Not wishing to be tarred with same brush I hit the parking strip with a sniper coil and scored a nice 41 merc. Returned to the site this morning and the dread Ratfink had returned and trashed the place again so off to the far side of the field and away from the damage. Bang! first hit a silver ring. Now I know from the past that one part of the field has a layer of gravel at about 5 inches so anything below that, that reads conductive, no matter how screwy, needs digging. wham! a brass Ludlow stitch gauge made in Boston at 8 inches. Take that Ratfink.

Attachments

• DSCN0853 small.jpg
    DSCN0853 small.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds !

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have a douchebag operating there.

I had one of those in my old city.
He would chop up schools and parks. It looked like he carpet bombed it. You always knew he was there because he used a frigging garden shovel and would drop trash back in the uncovered holes.
I finally found him one day and politely asked that he filled his holes and didn't drop his trash on the ground.
The guy flipped out and started screaming at me.
I then just told him that I and other detectorists in the area now had his vehicle and license plate and would go out of our way to call the police on him.

Never saw him again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread