RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I was in a local park type of area, I had been digging this signal for quite a while, and I was about to give up when i reached 10 or 11 inches, so i told myself i would take one more lesche-full of dirt out of the bottom of the hole, and sure enough when I did that, a wick adjuster from an 1800s oil lamp popped out! That's when I learned to never give up on a hole.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Well, about a year ago my son & I were detecting a rough field with old foundations on it. Getting a widespread signal, he dug down about two feet and found a refrigerator! We laughed a lot and he covered it back up. I guess my deepest dig was at the beach at about 15 inches -- found a cute Smurf candy tin -- empty of candy or treasure, lol. Andi

North AL

Feb 5, 2013
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a solid iron hit in my backyard. One of those you just can't ignore. I was using my BH Discovery 1100. When I got down about 12 inches, I hit a layer of red solid brick. Dug the hole out about another 6 inches around. Pulled up 3 bricks which put me at about 15 inches deep. When I finally get the iron up, it's a Singer (The New Family Machine) sowing machine that was produced from 1886-1902. Strange find!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug @18 inches wide and @ 15 inches deep with an old pipe found.
in my yard and I dont know where it leads as after a bit too long I thought and I followed the signals.
It keeps on going but it was a nice high tone. rookie mistake lol.

Last edited:

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deepest coin recovery I have made was probably an 1801 Large Cent. I was down about 13" on that coin. Very weak signal on my Whites M6. (That is outstanding depth for that machine) Now operating a Fisher F75LTD and I have no doubts that it would sniff out that coin even easier.

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug 2 1862 ihp in a civil war hut over 3 ft deep in the ground. I used a 4' probe a BIG shovel & a my propointer lol

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
1834 Large cent at just under 12" with my old White's Classic. That machine never should have seen that coin at the depth it was, but it screamed out and forced me to dig. That was about 2 months into my detecting career and hooked me for life!

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1892 O Barber dime at 11.5" (see my avatar), 1930 S Standing Liberty quarter at 11" and 1891 O Seated Liberty dime at 11" about 100' from the quarter. All found with my Etrac and the trusty propointer in my hometown in northeast Mississippi while home visiting from SC. I still hunt in this area every time I go home (found a 1936 Walking Liberty half a little over two weeks ago at 8.5" and about 30 feet from where I pulled the Standing Liberty exactly one year earlier.

The soil is heavy clay and the Etrac will run up around 29 sensitivity in the middle of the field away from buildings.

HH

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...:laughing7:

Attachments

• Chap4.jpg
    Chap4.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 176

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I haven't reached the bottom yet, so I cant say for sure but when I do I'll let you know. :tongue3:
BK

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a couple large cents around 18 inches with a Minelab Explorer and a WOT coil- of course - with a WOT coil ...you go nuts with deep iron....little bits of things....etc

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey desibaabu - It depends on the size of the object - very large iron items I have dug at 18" or so as samller items are not usually detected that deep - I did dig up a 58 cal c/w bullet the other day at 14" - it also depends greatly on the soil condition as well - I have gone out after a week of soaking rain and hit some deep 12 to 14" coins and at other times in very hard dry packed soil it is a struggle to detect smaller items at 6" - Oh by the way I did dig up a septic tank at 24" but I don't like to tell that story - It was kinda of crappy - LOL

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say a cannon ball at 2.5 feet with my old CZ5. Most machines might have found it but it was a solid load signal.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civil War trash pit along the railroad tracks in Stafford,Virgina. 8 feet deep and several feet wide it was so deep had to use a ladder to get in and out. Found tons of iron,railroad ties,railroad tools, bottles,buttons,4 plates, over 200 cw bullets,etc etc. Have never found another one like it! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread