Trio Hunt: 2 New U.S. Sites + a Ghost Story!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last spring, the Trio & Tennessee Digger secured permission to hunt a site and we dug several CW (Union) relics there. Since we dug relics there just west of a neighbors fence and Dman & I dug relics east of the same neighbor’s fence, there had to be relics on the neighbor’s property. The very nice property owner we met last spring said that he would ask his neighbors for permission to allow us to hunt. Apparently, he gave us glowing references as responsible hunters who filled our holes, did what we said we would do, and were interested in the local CW history, we did secure permission from his neighbors to detect. Great,
As luck would have it, his neighbors were very nice and interested in the history of their several acres. The neighbor lady actually had an ancestor who was a Major in the Confederate army from Georgia and I helped her find more info. about her Great, Great, Grandfather (Gen. Lee approved his leave of absence papers when he had to return to GA for family matters). Not only did they welcome us onto their property but helped us secure permission to detect from their very nice neighbors to the south who were also anxious to learn the history of their acreage.
The finds from my scouting trips (first 2 pics) and our hunts today are shown in the last 2 pics on the “Relic Rag” donated by Modern Miner. Doug & Josh both found bullets at Site one and my only contribution today beside campfire lead at site one was the old iron buckle and 1920 dime. Josh had to leave early so Doug & I hunted a site about a mile away where I had dug relics last June. Doug’s first target was a new army Colt .44 cal. pistol bullet. We both dug Burnside Carbine bullets, and I recovered the thimble and old pocket knife. All finds from site 2 are consistent with a U.S. Cavalry site and we will return there.
Now, here are the ghost stories. The site is near the center of a U.S. camp. The nice gentleman with property to the west who let Dman & I hunt there two summers ago asked me if there was a battle on his land. I told him that I was not aware of a battle there but Union Soldiers did die in the camp from disease as was documented in diaries. He said he had seen “moving shadows” and unusual sightings in his house and did not believe in ghosts but his wife did. We are talking about a college educated individual here and not someone who sees Elvis and aliens. He went on to say that his neighbor lady swears she saw the ghosts. I thought “oh boy”.
It happens that the neighbor lady he referred to as seeing “ghosts” is also a very intelligent, college educated individual who (along with her very successful businessman husband) gave us permission to hunt their property where we were today. She says she occasionally sees “three Indians” who follow her around the property. She said they have colored shirts and khaki colored pants like buckskin. They only show up on the property line between the land owned by her and her husband and the neighbors to the south. To make the story even more interesting, she saw another “Indian” on her porch as she left to go to town one day five years ago and she has never seen him since. She saw a figure on her porch beckoning for her to come back home as she drove away (nobody was home). She went on to town and ran her errands without giving it much thought. Later that evening five years ago last month, A killer tornado hit nearby killing over 30 people in a wide swath through surrounding counties. She felt the “Indian” was warning her of the impending storm. I believe everything she said as I did from the other neighbor. They definitely saw something they could not explain.
I looked hard for the Indians during my scouting trips to no avail. Doug said we could get them to dig our holes-LOL. Josh would fight a ghost over a knapsack hook-LOL. Creepy Huh? HH from the Trio and enjoy the video, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0439.JPG
    DSCN0439.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0481.JPG
    DSCN0481.JPG
    577.2 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN0486 (493x640).jpg
    DSCN0486 (493x640).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0487 (547x640).jpg
    DSCN0487 (547x640).jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 4

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very creepy and awesome saves!!!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post Quindy. Kinda makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up doesn't it? These things always makes we wonder.

Good finds as usual.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q- The Tenn Trio should have all of Tenn detected by the end of 2013. :tongue3: Great relics and eerie story too. What kind of Indians were they? Congrats, MM Three Little Indians.jpg 7 11.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7-11 :laughing9: that's sick

but funny

" She said they have colored shirts and khaki colored pants . "
" Ouindy , My first thought ,, ," it's D Man "
but she says there are a three but then there are three in a trio :icon_scratch: nah ,, never mind. Not weird at all . These Spirits are Native to America. I feel their presence in the wilderness .

Chief Black Cloud , my avatar , is my spirit guide thru the happy hunting grounds .
DAWG

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and story Quind. Shadows, must be something to it, you never know...

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great hunt and a MOST INTERESTING story about the Indians and ghost. It's amazing too both the man and the woman said they had seen ghost and their property joins each other. :) Breezie

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting Findings! ...:thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That was a fun hunt. I didn't see any Indian ghosts but I saw some of my cousin's ghosts from Gallatin. They were Spooky.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, your finding relics on new properties and you have ghosts to guide you. You can't beat that :laughing7:
Pan the site during your videos....maybe you'll catch a ghost in the background!!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, your finding relics on new properties and you have ghosts to guide you. You can't beat that :laughing7:
Pan the site during your videos....maybe you'll catch a ghost in the background!!
Steve, if we pan around we'll soon see Poachers in the background-LOl. HH, Q.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great finds as always... Looking forward to seeing what you guys get out of those spots :icon_thumright:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive sure had my experiences with ghosts,spirits or whatever you wanna call em... I hunt a camp where you can see this white fog moving like its coming toward you then it will disappear I think this spirit is nice because everytime it makes its presents we end up digging stuff and it just feels good but there is another spot down over in the marsh in this spot where the confederates retreated after a battle in 1861 and whatever is back there hisses at you, i have and many other MDers sworn to never go back in that marsh aside from the spirits and sinkholes! Hey kewl finds! :occasion14:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Loved the video (as always). I had an "interesting" day myself. I'll call you tomorrow and fill you in........unlike the HUGE holes I saw in a field today that weren't filled in. Some folks don't have any business in this hobby. I like the finds made by the Trio, there is no telling what you guys could recover if you had all day! DMan ain't right in case you haven't noticed.
PS- remind me to tell you what happened to me one time at the same place that you were in today. You were in Gallatin, right? TD

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on all those super finds! AND great going on getting the new spots to hunt. Sounds like you may have a few extras around. Put them busy digging the holes and opening the gates! hahaha!
Always enjoy the video's. :) Thanks for including me.
Nana

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
The Tenn Trio should have all of Tenn detected by the end of 2013. :tongue3: Great relics and eerie story too. What kind of Indiana were they?
Congrats,
MM
View attachment 757681 View attachment 757682

I keep expecting to see the "Trio" out in my front yard any day now :hello:
Great hunt guys.Little bit every where you stopped. Always nice to pick up some new real estate and it looks like the finds are there.I live on a battlefield where the soldiers diary says Bate's guns caused a butchers bill of casualties. I think hallowed ground is peaceful.l Be safe in all your hunts.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well that is an awsome story backed up with some mighty nice finds! congrats!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies. When I attended college in Knoxville, a guy on our dorm floor lived near the Chickamauga battlefield. He said strange sights and sounds were heard and seen in that area at night. HH from the Trio, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread