Found some old RR baggage tags and Printing map plate for South Atlantic & Ohio RR.

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found some old RR baggage tags and Printing map plate for South Atlantic & Ohio RR.

photo(1).JPG photo(3).JPG photo(4).JPG photo(5).JPG photo(2).JPG

The tags were in one general area. The printing plate was also in the same area. Last pic is a brass weight 16oz Chase 'S' Michigan Standard.
Thanks for looking and HH.
Wayne

Upvote 4

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer!

Killer baggage claims, and a really cool printers plate. I mirrored the image, hope you don't mind.
Carl

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 416

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That map plate is soooooooo cool. That's one thing I'd never dream of finding...or really know that was something that would even exist. IMO that plate is banner worthy.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South Atlantic and Ohio Railroad system , SOU from 1882to 1898 successor changed to Virginia and Southwestern Railway . found this , existed as SA&O RR 6 years

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !!!!!! :headbang:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some killer finds. I like that all the tags are different. The printing plate is awesome. You got a great start to a railroad relic collection in one hunt!!

OP
OP
H

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys. I went back to this site and recovered another tag and my dad found another piece of a printers plate. It was pretty beat up but still had some readable areas. I assume that years of plows in the ground broke them up. The odd thing is this old rail line is a couple miles away. A mystery as to how these got where I found them. Ive searched every where trying to find a map print of the plate i found. There has to be one somewhere. Thanks for taking time to take a look.
Wayne

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Great collectibles! Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread