after finding a ROLEX and you calm down you wonder the realness........

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
k well happened today, i got off work and was in the mood to detect, there was not much day light left so i picked a road and found a vollyball court. i doubted i would find anything there since its winter but what the heck, gave it a shot. i got my md out of the trunk and started sweeping. in like 1 min i got a hit, dug in the cold sand and out came a watch. i was like whoa!!! then i read it and was like holy ****. i took off so quick to get in the safety of my car i almost forgot my md;) i kept looking at it on the way home. well, i called all my friends and they were like no way, one said it might be a replica. i was like no way its too heavy and the second hand almost sweeps it ticks so fast. so i research the web and find there a number of things about fake rolex's. the first thing i did was remove the watch band to check for a serial number. there was NONE ...... crap crap crap. so im under the impression that its fake, but either way its a AWESOME watch, GREAT quality. there are a few things i would like to ask. what would the value a replica rolex be????? it beats the quality of the watches i see at normal stores;) who knows maybe its real ;) ( ya i wish) k, well the housing is stamped 18K. still if its a fake rolex, why not fake the gold too??? the crystal has the rolex symbol etched on the inside right above MADE, where it says swiss made. the turning knob is a solid piece and the symbol is NOT glued on. (glued is a sign of fake) also there is a ruber washer on the turning knob on a real one, there is none on this one. on the back it is clear. i heard rolex has never made a watch with a clear back. under the glass you can see the pendelum thing, its stamped rolex all over. most of the movements look yellow gold. ( its soo pretty ) here is ALL the visible writing on it, on the face- ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL, SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER OFFICALLY CERTIFIED, T SWISS MADE T, on the back around the glass on the inside it reads - AUTOMATIC STAINLESS STEEL BACK SWISS MADE WATERPROOF, ROLEX. the clasp on the band has many stampings and reads ROLEX, ROLEXA 750, one stamping has a diamond with a womans head facing left inside the diamond and a scroll with A750A below it, there is a 8385, and GENEVE SWISSMADE 18K . so if anyone has some info on this thing can you help out. not to be greedy here , but espicially the "value" of it??????????? im heart broken its not real.
p.s. i have been to mexico and seen some cheap "rolex" watches and this is not one of them, these people really tried hard
p.s.s. i will be watching for lost watch ads in the paper too

sorry about the picks, our other cam is still in the shop, if needed i can take some more, thanks all!!!!

Attachments

• IM000688.JPG
    IM000688.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 15,991
  • IM000707.JPG
    IM000707.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 4,134
  • IM000697.JPG
    IM000697.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 7,313
  • IM000692.JPG
    IM000692.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 7,011
  • IM000693.JPG
    IM000693.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,646
  • IM000694.JPG
    IM000694.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 3,371
  • IM000710.JPG
    IM000710.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,865
Upvote 10

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
A real one was found here in town and the owner was traced by the SN#. The ex-owner told the finder to keep it as he was reimbursed by his ins. co. and didn't want it as there was always a chance that they'd find out and charge him with defrauding an insurance company. 8) for the finder, unfortunately it wasn't me. :'(

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score,, assuming it is real,, why would I wear it to a basketball court. If I lost a Genuine Rolex, I would
go buy a strong rope and look for an old tree.
Man, that is some find.
Congrats

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good time!!!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya never know !!I found a rolex on the side of the road.It had been trashed by a snow plow I figured.crystal was broken but it was still working.was a 1987 sub mariner no date I believe.took it to my small town jeweler and he said fake for sure.I did alot of homework on it and wasnt so sure...down the mountain I go to a rolex dealer...bam...real.

I learned alot..every single salvageable part has value.even links on the stainless band,second hand..everything.I ended up a couple days later selling it for $650.00 for parts,my best offer.When the crystal was broken the face was pushed down and so the movement while working was slow...trashed.still $650.00

GO TO A ROLEX DEALER for sure.I learned from rolex tech that there are many alterations and custumizations done.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be surprised where people wear rolex's I found this on a beach the stainless had turned black we guessed it was lost for 4-6 years due to the build up in shook it and the hand started sweeping. I did have it certified as authentic make sure you have it checked out a lot of people told me mine was a fake

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry h r especially the pic

Attachments

• 1457286464288.jpg
    1457286464288.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 180

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been about 3 months since the original post.

It's about time we found out whether it was real or not, doncha think? I keep coming back waiting for an answer to that :(

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Hm well I thought I would jump in on this one since a post about a Rolex and it authenticity was revived again. Thought I would share my experience and thoughts. One of my first posts on Tnet back 2007 was for a Sea Dweller. Took it too a guy who if recall correctly was supposed to be a Rolex dealer and he too said weight was not right. It never worked all that reliably anyway and so I pretty much resigned my self to the fact that it was just nice looking replica from China or someplace like that.

Eventually it stopped working all together so I decided to take it to some non Rolex watch repair place and have the guy put in at least some new cheap movement so I could continue to have a working watch even if if mostly for show. Well that movement died too and then about a year or two ago the bracelet broke on me. Another suspect thing that kind of reinforced my initial conclusions.

However now reading some the posts on here about the watch parts and seeing some others share there experiences on this thread I am starting to question my judgment and if I did enough due diligence about it's authenticity early on. I am again beginning wonder what if if mine is in fact real and I give another watchmaker a chance to take out some real interior parts of value.

Last edited:

decoy218

Feb 20, 2013
Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, XP Deus, Minelab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been about 3 months since the original post.(

If my math serves me right, the OP is over 9 years old, not about 3 months. I'd like to hear if it was real or not as well but this person has not been active in over a year and may not update for a while.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty darn exciting, hope it's real. I know that feeling, having to wait until I get to the jewelers until I can find out, ha lol. Cool find either way. It's the one I hear the most from strangers while I'm detecting, " did you find my Rolex?"

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. It's the one I hear the most from strangers while I'm detecting, " did you find my Rolex?"

You should shout back, "I've found six today! What's yours look like and when did you lose it?" ;)

dannydake123

Sep 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is probable a long shot but i have one that looks the same. And i was wondering if you ever found out if its real or not.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is probable a long shot but i have one that looks the same. And i was wondering if you ever found out if its real or not.
This and any like it are most definitely fakes. Not even good ones.

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold Rolex for years at authorized Rolex jewelers.
To the best of my knowledge, the only Rolex with an exhibition caseback was the now retired Prince , which is a hand wound model with a tank shaped (rectangular) case.
The fit and finish of a real Rolex is impeccable, sadly the one you found is a fantasy fake.
Still a thrill to find an intact watch.
HH

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one the hands didnt sweep it had a glass back and it was a fake submariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions