after finding a ROLEX and you calm down you wonder the realness........

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
k well happened today, i got off work and was in the mood to detect, there was not much day light left so i picked a road and found a vollyball court. i doubted i would find anything there since its winter but what the heck, gave it a shot. i got my md out of the trunk and started sweeping. in like 1 min i got a hit, dug in the cold sand and out came a watch. i was like whoa!!! then i read it and was like holy ****. i took off so quick to get in the safety of my car i almost forgot my md;) i kept looking at it on the way home. well, i called all my friends and they were like no way, one said it might be a replica. i was like no way its too heavy and the second hand almost sweeps it ticks so fast. so i research the web and find there a number of things about fake rolex's. the first thing i did was remove the watch band to check for a serial number. there was NONE ...... crap crap crap. so im under the impression that its fake, but either way its a AWESOME watch, GREAT quality. there are a few things i would like to ask. what would the value a replica rolex be????? it beats the quality of the watches i see at normal stores;) who knows maybe its real ;) ( ya i wish) k, well the housing is stamped 18K. still if its a fake rolex, why not fake the gold too??? the crystal has the rolex symbol etched on the inside right above MADE, where it says swiss made. the turning knob is a solid piece and the symbol is NOT glued on. (glued is a sign of fake) also there is a ruber washer on the turning knob on a real one, there is none on this one. on the back it is clear. i heard rolex has never made a watch with a clear back. under the glass you can see the pendelum thing, its stamped rolex all over. most of the movements look yellow gold. ( its soo pretty ) here is ALL the visible writing on it, on the face- ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL, SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER OFFICALLY CERTIFIED, T SWISS MADE T, on the back around the glass on the inside it reads - AUTOMATIC STAINLESS STEEL BACK SWISS MADE WATERPROOF, ROLEX. the clasp on the band has many stampings and reads ROLEX, ROLEXA 750, one stamping has a diamond with a womans head facing left inside the diamond and a scroll with A750A below it, there is a 8385, and GENEVE SWISSMADE 18K . so if anyone has some info on this thing can you help out. not to be greedy here , but espicially the "value" of it??????????? im heart broken its not real.
p.s. i have been to mexico and seen some cheap "rolex" watches and this is not one of them, these people really tried hard
p.s.s. i will be watching for lost watch ads in the paper too

sorry about the picks, our other cam is still in the shop, if needed i can take some more, thanks all!!!!

Attachments

• IM000688.JPG
    IM000688.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 15,981
  • IM000707.JPG
    IM000707.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 4,134
  • IM000697.JPG
    IM000697.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 7,312
  • IM000692.JPG
    IM000692.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 7,011
  • IM000693.JPG
    IM000693.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,646
  • IM000694.JPG
    IM000694.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 3,371
  • IM000710.JPG
    IM000710.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,865
Upvote 10

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The non sweeping hand is an obvious sign but it is not a tell all. The hand in a fake with a quartz movement does jump one click every second. But good fakes use a winding movement and a cheap double roller to boot. What makes the hand sweep is the mechinal escapement that ratchets more than twice per second giving it a sweeping motion. I have seen fakes with very good quality movements in them and you have to open them up to tell that they are fakes. The one above has been called a fantasy piece. That is a good word for it because Rolex has never made a watch that even vaguely resembles the features in the watch. everything about the one above is obviously wrong. Cheers

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those interested. This is what I believe the watch should look like. This is a genuine out of my collection. Cheers

rolex.JPG

Reactions: ARC

Waldvogel23

Mar 3, 2022
k well happened today, i got off work and was in the mood to detect, there was not much day light left so i picked a road and found a vollyball court. i doubted i would find anything there since its winter but what the heck, gave it a shot. i got my md out of the trunk and started sweeping. in like 1 min i got a hit, dug in the cold sand and out came a watch. i was like whoa!!! then i read it and was like holy ****. i took off so quick to get in the safety of my car i almost forgot my md;) i kept looking at it on the way home. well, i called all my friends and they were like no way, one said it might be a replica. i was like no way its too heavy and the second hand almost sweeps it ticks so fast. so i research the web and find there a number of things about fake rolex's. the first thing i did was remove the watch band to check for a serial number. there was NONE ...... crap crap crap. so im under the impression that its fake, but either way its a AWESOME watch, GREAT quality. there are a few things i would like to ask. what would the value a replica rolex be????? it beats the quality of the watches i see at normal stores;) who knows maybe its real ;) ( ya i wish) k, well the housing is stamped 18K. still if its a fake rolex, why not fake the gold too??? the crystal has the rolex symbol etched on the inside right above MADE, where it says swiss made. the turning knob is a solid piece and the symbol is NOT glued on. (glued is a sign of fake) also there is a ruber washer on the turning knob on a real one, there is none on this one. on the back it is clear. i heard rolex has never made a watch with a clear back. under the glass you can see the pendelum thing, its stamped rolex all over. most of the movements look yellow gold. ( its soo pretty ) here is ALL the visible writing on it, on the face- ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL, SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER OFFICALLY CERTIFIED, T SWISS MADE T, on the back around the glass on the inside it reads - AUTOMATIC STAINLESS STEEL BACK SWISS MADE WATERPROOF, ROLEX. the clasp on the band has many stampings and reads ROLEX, ROLEXA 750, one stamping has a diamond with a womans head facing left inside the diamond and a scroll with A750A below it, there is a 8385, and GENEVE SWISSMADE 18K . so if anyone has some info on this thing can you help out. not to be greedy here , but espicially the "value" of it??????????? im heart broken its not real.
p.s. i have been to mexico and seen some cheap "rolex" watches and this is not one of them, these people really tried hard
p.s.s. i will be watching for lost watch ads in the paper too

sorry about the picks, our other cam is still in the shop, if needed i can take some more, thanks all!!!!
I have this watch

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Rolex Pepsi GMT at an intersection and was run over a lot, it was real. I ran ads, looked at ads to try return it. I called Rolex to see how much it would cost to repair it and he told me it would cost $3,200 to fix it like new if I wasn't the original owner (I don't know how much if I was) They checked the serial numbers and could not find the owner, said it had never been registered. I couldn't afford spending that much at the time so I put it on eBay and it sold for $1,570, that thing was smashed but movement was perfect. I got curious the other day thinking I should have repaired it and sold it. Crap, those are going anywhere from $12,000-$30,000.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this thread resurfaced with no conclusion.

IMO... this is what is called a "good copy".

Main "red flag" are the markings... they would not be uneven and half pressed.

Remember... Rolex prides themselves on perfection.

So any imperfections are dead giveaways.

Waldvogel23

Mar 3, 2022
I see this thread resurfaced with no conclusion.

IMO... this is what is called a "good copy".

Main "red flag" are the markings... they would not be uneven and half pressed.

Remember... Rolex prides themselves on perfection.

So any imperfections are dead giveaways.
Yes I have the exact watch, started studying rolex all the markings match. It's old and the ladies head with a g on her brooch is perfect. Magnet doesn't stick to it.

Reactions: ARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread