after finding a ROLEX and you calm down you wonder the realness........

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
k well happened today, i got off work and was in the mood to detect, there was not much day light left so i picked a road and found a vollyball court. i doubted i would find anything there since its winter but what the heck, gave it a shot. i got my md out of the trunk and started sweeping. in like 1 min i got a hit, dug in the cold sand and out came a watch. i was like whoa!!! then i read it and was like holy ****. i took off so quick to get in the safety of my car i almost forgot my md;) i kept looking at it on the way home. well, i called all my friends and they were like no way, one said it might be a replica. i was like no way its too heavy and the second hand almost sweeps it ticks so fast. so i research the web and find there a number of things about fake rolex's. the first thing i did was remove the watch band to check for a serial number. there was NONE ...... crap crap crap. so im under the impression that its fake, but either way its a AWESOME watch, GREAT quality. there are a few things i would like to ask. what would the value a replica rolex be????? it beats the quality of the watches i see at normal stores;) who knows maybe its real ;) ( ya i wish) k, well the housing is stamped 18K. still if its a fake rolex, why not fake the gold too??? the crystal has the rolex symbol etched on the inside right above MADE, where it says swiss made. the turning knob is a solid piece and the symbol is NOT glued on. (glued is a sign of fake) also there is a ruber washer on the turning knob on a real one, there is none on this one. on the back it is clear. i heard rolex has never made a watch with a clear back. under the glass you can see the pendelum thing, its stamped rolex all over. most of the movements look yellow gold. ( its soo pretty ) here is ALL the visible writing on it, on the face- ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL, SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER OFFICALLY CERTIFIED, T SWISS MADE T, on the back around the glass on the inside it reads - AUTOMATIC STAINLESS STEEL BACK SWISS MADE WATERPROOF, ROLEX. the clasp on the band has many stampings and reads ROLEX, ROLEXA 750, one stamping has a diamond with a womans head facing left inside the diamond and a scroll with A750A below it, there is a 8385, and GENEVE SWISSMADE 18K . so if anyone has some info on this thing can you help out. not to be greedy here , but espicially the "value" of it??????????? im heart broken its not real.
p.s. i have been to mexico and seen some cheap "rolex" watches and this is not one of them, these people really tried hard
p.s.s. i will be watching for lost watch ads in the paper too

sorry about the picks, our other cam is still in the shop, if needed i can take some more, thanks all!!!!

Attachments

• IM000688.JPG
    IM000688.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 15,981
  • IM000707.JPG
    IM000707.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 4,134
  • IM000697.JPG
    IM000697.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 7,312
  • IM000692.JPG
    IM000692.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 7,011
  • IM000693.JPG
    IM000693.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,646
  • IM000694.JPG
    IM000694.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 3,371
  • IM000710.JPG
    IM000710.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,865
Upvote 10
OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
i typed in google rolexsa 750 and up popped this on ebay, hidden clasp band with exact same stampings, mine is also a hidden clasp

Attachments

• watch band.jpg
    watch band.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 12,104

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Looks real I would take it to a watch shop thats has other rolexes and ask them to check it out. And if it is real get it in writing then you can sell it on ebay for what its really worth.

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it work? and does the second hand gracefully sweep or does it tick - tick - tick. If it ticks it could be a fake. Take it to a jeweler to find out.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
That is amazing. What a great way to start the new year.....with an Automatic Time-To-Cash Converter by Rolex!
;D

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
I have no idea if thats real or not but I knoW it's AWESOME!!!!

Great find-thats one beautiful watch!!!

Have fun,
Salvager

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
thanks guys, yes it works, i couldnt have been there to long cause no rust. also i was surprised it worked cause i think it charges on momentium, and if it had been there awhile , well there is no momentium. the hand seems to sweep, at a glance but if u carefully look it is ticking very fast. i tried counting the ticks compared to the watch i wear and its about 4-5 ticks to the 1 tick on my watch.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a former life (a mere 4 years ago) wifey bought me a Yachtmaster ;D - got a bit hard up later on and sold it.

I sure hope it turns out to be the real thing for you! Just by glancing, you can tell if it's real - look closely at the second hand, it should move around the face in one fluid motion...not tic-tic-tic...also, under the bezel, near the bottom, look for a stamped serial number, then look at the serial number closely, it should have very sharp, distinct and sharp angles on the letters and numbers, no rounded edges or un-eveness.

THANKS FOR SHARING!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Watch.

Awsome Find.

I bet they regretted wearing it that day.

Congrats !

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we all wish hard enough, it will become real :D

HH
-GC

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Please keep us posted on it. I hope its the real deal. If so. That's a mighty fine Swiss feather
in your cap!
Even if its a knock off, It's still a pretty cool thing to find. ;)

Ridley

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

anteater

Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Beach Magnet, Compass Magnum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This report is just what I need to get me back on the volleyball courts! Thanks for sharing. Anteater

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions