3/18/13 Goodwill Finds - 6 Sterling Silver Goblets @ $3 each!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the local Goodwill shop for a shot glasses or beer mugs but I always keep my eye open for silver and today I scored!!! The cashier said "oh those look nice" and I said "yea look closer right here' (to the sterling mark) and she said "OHHH f%#@ they are not priced correctly" LOL I still got them for $3 each. I don't have a scale but they feel a tad bit heavier than a silver dollar so AWESOME!!!

*UPDATE* I just weighed the goblets and they each weigh 110g so all 6 equals 660grams and I looked online for the scrap silver price and its $568!!!! Not bad for $18 spent at the local Goodwill.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*UPDATE* I just weighed the goblets and they each weigh 110g so all 6 equals 660grams and I looked online for the scrap silver price and its $568!!!! Not bad for $18 spent at the local Goodwill.

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
Nice find! Are you going to donate any back to Goodwill?
No offense, but why would someone do something like that? He paid what they were marked, supporting Goodwill already. He owes them nothing, and he shouldn't feel guilty about it either IMO.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agree. If you score a jackpot at an auction that no one else had any knowledge of, you don't share your profit margin with them.

Nice score!!!

(Next time don't point out the hallmarks to the cashier! D'OH!!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread