New Detectorist! Bought Excal 1000

Marky2u

Jan 4, 2007
WOW! O.K. New to detecting and my Excal 1000. Went to Clearwater Beach, FL. to teach myself the tones. Recovered $1.71 - LOL - GEE I am proud of mysef! One guy ran up behind me and threw a quarter down by my coil! He didn't think I saw him do it! I picked it up without the coil detecting it, put it in my pocket and said to him, gee another 5,000 of these and I will have paid off this machine. With a laugh from him, I went about my exploring. Man, this is going to be a great hobby. ;D

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
M2u,

welcome to the board.

You got yourself a good machine.

Hope we will be seeing some photos of
your finds during the year.

For us folks up North, please, a few photos
of the beach with the photos of your finds. ;D

have a good un..........................
SHERMANVILLE

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
What sherm, you don't like our northern beaches this time'a year?? We don't even have ice up here in WI.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, welcome to the forum. A buck seven-one is a start. Coffe change for the next trip. Lotta people only find nails on the first day.

Laater...

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the 4ums -

you made a wise choice/buy with the ex-cal - you'll not be disappointed~

HH
and post some of that gold you find with your new machine!

Lonewolfe

D

dugupfinds

Welcome to the Tnet, from the UK.

Happy Hunting, don't forget to picture your keepers. :D

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marky2u said:
WOW! O.K. New to detecting and my Excal 1000. Went to Clearwater Beach, FL. to teach myself the tones. Recovered $1.71 - LOL - GEE I am proud of mysef! One guy ran up behind me and threw a quarter down by my coil! He didn't think I saw him do it! I picked it up without the coil detecting it, put it in my pocket and said to him, gee another 5,000 of these and I will have paid off this machine. With a laugh from him, I went about my exploring. Man, this is going to be a great hobby. ;D
A quarter! I had a guy throw a nickel towards me as I worked the area around him and his girlfriend. He had his head turned laughing as I scooped it up. His girlfriend had an embarassed look on her face. I winked at her and got a smile. I walked away with an easy nickel and a smile from a very pretty young lady. I love the beach. Welcome to the forum, maybe I'll see you down there. I get down there every so often.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and forum. You have a great detector there that will soon pay for itself if you get out with it. Let us know how the hunts go, we'd enjoy hearing from you.

HH,
Sandman

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome to the forum and our obsession! Always good to see newbies here.
I wish people would throw coins to me when I'm out detecting.....it sure would save alot on callouses!

Hope you have alot of luck in the TB area. My old stomping grounds!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. A quarter, you must be on the rich peoples beach. I only get pennies throw at me. If they would have been quarters I would have my detector payed for. I scoop all coin signals on general purpose.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread