Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to a local creek that scotk9 had pegged as a town dump area. We picked a spot on the bank with a lot of debris and started digging, but no MDs today. In the end, we came out with this haul:

haul.jpg

53 intact bottles
bottles.jpg

Of the bottles, these were the most interesting:
Rosenberger's Dairies pint milk jar
Rosenberger milk.jpg

The Dill Co. of Norristown, PA unknown vial
dill jar.jpg

Dr. White's Lon-Ge Hai-La cough syrup from Lehighton, PA
Dr White.jpg

We did recover a gallon jug that Scotk9 took home. I don't have a pic of that one, hopefully he does.

Then, the rest of it:

20 flatware shards
shards.jpg

a flat serving dish c.1911 with the mark "Moriyama"
Moriyama pottery.jpg

a split twin-handled vintage china soup bowl whose glue is drying​
20130321_213510.jpg

a mostly-intact ebony china goblet
20130321_213448.jpg

an antique bronze door plate
20130321_213429.jpg

a vintage ceramic baby doll's head
20130321_213418.jpg

We also found my first horseshoe, which is languishing in some ACV, Japanese porcelain feet to some sort of figurine, a thimble advertising Whitman Electricians of Lansdale, PA, a vintage Listerine bottle from Lambert Pharmaceuticals, 3 mason jar lids, a tin pepper can, and a few other items I can't think of off the top of my head. Can't wait to expand the hole and find more cool stuff 8-)

EDIT: The milk bottle, Dill Co. bottle, cough syrup bottle, thimble, Moriyama pottery dish, and vintage china soup bowl will be added to the Hatfield Museum & History Society collection.

Last edited:
Upvote 9

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm - Id like to see pics of the hole you're digging - -is the dump in ash....or dirt(?)....are there a ton of rusty beer cans(?)....neat finds so far(!)

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hmm - Id like to see pics of the hole you're digging - -is the dump in ash....or dirt(?)....are there a ton of rusty beer cans(?)....neat finds so far(!)

Dirt and ash, sometimes in layers and sometimes mixed. Lots of rusted tin cans, haven't noticed any beer cans in particular. I'll get pics this evening or tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread