Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday nite after work I hunted the 1910 farm house that is owned by the farmer who has given me permission to do all the fields I have been hunting lately. It was obvious it had been hunted before, no clad, no shallow signals. I went across the yard three directions and managed to get 4 deep coins. 2 injuns, a V nickel and 1 wheat, and the little dog. I was happy whoever hunted here missed a few goodies.

Friday after work I went back to hit more fields with BadJim, the first field I got the blazing barber quarter, about a hundred melted blobs of metal that registered just like indians, so you couldn't skip them. I found the point laying on the surface and also the tiny bottle. Amazing the bottle has laid in the field and has never been broken from the farmers plow. I laid the quarter beside it for size reference.

Saturday I hunted some fields with Starky and I came home with absolutely NO keepers at all......nothing. Well I guess some field days are just like that.

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

Upvote 7

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Thursday nite after work I hunted the 1910 farm house that is owned by the farmer who has given me permission to do all the fields I have been hunting lately. It was obvious it had been hunted before, no clad, no shallow signals. I went across the yard three directions and managed to get 4 deep coins. 2 injuns, a V nickel and 1 wheat, and the little dog. I was happy whoever hunted here missed a few goodies.

Friday after work I went back to hit more fields with BadJim, the first field I got the blazing barber quarter, about a hundred melted blobs of metal that registered just like indians, so you couldn't skip them. I found the point laying on the surface and also the tiny bottle. Amazing the bottle has laid in the field and has never been broken from the farmers plow. I laid the quarter beside it for size reference.

Saturday I hunted some fields with Starky and I came home with absolutely NO keepers at all......nothing. Well I guess some field days are just like that.

The piece with two heads is from the 1924 presidential election. I found one about 10 years ago

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00239.jpg
The piece with 2 heads is from the 1924 presidential election. I found one about ten years ago.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info Ron!

dboy1980

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2013
symsonia, ky
Detector(s) used
fisher f5 w/ 12x10 sef coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds....whats your method on cleaning coins cause those look great and mine never are lol

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be slow but its better than snow!

rmbutcher4

Jun 9, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your fields treat them coins a lot better than mine. Nice finds.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds ,what do you know about the Excelsior Brand button ,I dug one a few months ago

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of awesome finds! That V Nickel is in great shape!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds ,what do you know about the Excelsior Brand button ,I dug one a few months ago
I don't much about it other than they are common around here, I have dug several of them in fields

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't much about it other than they are common around here, I have dug several of them in fields

Cool thanks for the reply .. Davers

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Lots more silver I'd bet! H Digs :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread