DIV finds,finger protector from french sword style,no idea if union or csa

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
One of my best finds ever,and div!I keep wanting to call it a sword plate but its protector of sword,not sure wich side this guy came from but its cool.And was very deep.Man i love the new coil i got for gpx.Spur was almost as deep.Both were about a foot and a half down.

divspring2013002_zpsbcdec3fb.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

divspring2013001_zps7698ef66.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

divspring2013003_zpse0d40314.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

My next best find was a Mass militia button wich was about a foot down.

divspring2013007_zps2a44cbd8.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

divspring2013005_zps4f6b730f.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

Not sure wich pick is better.I also got 3 eagle i buttons,2 gen service buttons,4 gen service coat buttons(not in great shape)
My usual underwear button,1 flat button,1 j hook,1 scale fastner,4 button backs,fork,part of scissors,misc brass,and mystery iron.Only found one fire pit but only had a cow bone and a hinge.

divspring2013004_zpsb4dcfde7.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

divspring2013008_zps1bce5b72.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

divspring2013009_zps98e8d583.jpg Photo by junkhunter | Photobucket

I had a blast even with fighting miss bs from equipment and forgetting my power cord.Last day was slow.Think i need to find a new favorite spot.Food was great,to darn cold.But at least it did not snow till end.Thanks Jon and Rose for invite.Cant wait till next time.Their has got to be a plate their some place with my name on it.But the sword guard is my best find yet and i am very happy with it.

Please note i linked pics because files using that camera are to big to download.

Upvote 2

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodness... I think this is like the 20th DIV Spillman farm is had? and people still pulling out relics. I hunted Spillmans farm about 8 years ago when there was no DIV going on and found some union relics and many many bullets it was raining out that day so we didn't get to hunt like we wanted to! but they wont give anyone permission now unless you pay them $250. Good luck on the next DIV.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread