Whats your perspective? A Realistic Look at MDing, with Silver and Wheats

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your perspective? A Realistic Look at MD'ing, with Silver and Wheat's

No we don't always bring home the silver but LOOK as what we do get most of the time. Then we have those days of MD teasing, you know the thought, "the next dig and we got silver", yet it never shows :mad: Oh well it's the hobby. The relics keep me going and sometimes the relics are more exciting than the silver. Here is a realistic look at MDing, so don't get discouraged be patient we all dig the garbage. But then that glimmer of silver makes it all worth it.

Check out my average can slaw and trash metal I accrue over a period of a year as well as copper and brass. I think you will be amazed. I have also put the results my last 3 hunts in this video and compare the silver, wheats and relic takes. Made silver #28 Thursday. Today I need 2 silvers. Gotta get um to reach my goal of 30 for the year.

The video revels it ALL check it out below:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No we don't always bring home the silver but LOOK as what we do get most of the time. Then we have those days of MD teasing, you know the thought, "the next dig and we got silver", yet it never shows :mad: Oh well it's the hobby. The relics keep me going and sometimes the relics are more exciting than the silver. Here is a realistic look at MDing, so don't get discouraged be patient we all dig the garbage. But then that glimmer of silver makes it all worth it.

Check out my average can slaw and trash metal I accrue over a period of a year as well as copper and brass. I think you will be amazed. I have also put the results my last 3 hunts in this video and compare the silver, wheats and relic takes. Made silver #28 Thursday. Today I need 2 silvers. Gotta get um to reach my goal of 30 for the year.

The video revels it ALL check it out below:

Just to let everyone know this post is intended to encourage newbies, to let them know a lot of trash is normal, so if anyone wants to contribute to the topic and reveal their trash take to validate this I know it would be an encouragement to alot of people.

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
I dig trash and end up with signals that disappeared as you dig. Yeah its frustrating. I'm still new. I think I dig trash from 6 of 10 holes on average

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't always find something great, if you did everyone would do it! Personally I enjoy finding an interesting relic with a story behind it than a merc or other newer silver coin. To each his own... HH!

OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't always find something great, if you did everyone would do it! Personally I enjoy finding an interesting relic with a story behind it than a merc or other newer silver coin. To each his own... HH!

I agree ..... I love finding silver .... but those unique relics are much more interesting in so many ways!!!! I personally love digging tokens

OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig trash and end up with signals that disappeared as you dig. Yeah its frustrating. I'm still new. I think I dig trash from 6 of 10 holes on average

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

Yep! most of the time I've found those disappearing signals are either very small items, or very old tin metal that disintegrates once air hits it. I have also discovered that sometimes gofer holes will cause a false even though this is very rare. I dig most of my trash on what I call "iffy" signals, but have also discovered that once in a while I get some good deep silver that way or even Silver that is masked by iron. I always dig those "iffy" signals. I have got some great stuff that way!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post. I think the forum can give newbies an unrealistic idea of a normal MDing hunt. When I first started on the forum I could not imagine having hunts as good as those pictured. Now I realize that folks only show their worthwhile hunts and the piles of slaw and iron go unpublished (in most cases.) But by learning your machine well, doing research, and getting onto old ground, it is possible to find some impressive stuff.

Relics rock, too. :thumbsup:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread