Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMGoodness this is an OUTSTANDING HISTORICAL find and like CRUSADER, I didn't see the post until today when it was on the BANNER. Congratulations! I see you have already received quite a bit of information on him and some about his heirs. His family would be overwhelmed to have this ring. I know I would if I had ANYTHING Civil War related that belonged to my g-grandfather, who was in the NC 7th Infantry. Not to hijack the post, but short story: After research, I was able to MD a NC CW camp in which my g-grandfather's company was stationed. The first item I found was a CW minie bullet. All I could do was cry because the very thought that it could have been in 'his' pocket made me so emotional. I can't even imagine having a ring with his name and stats engraved.

Breezie

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every once in awhile but not very often something rare and never seen before is dug out of the ground . Great find :notworthy: Jim

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe a ring similar to this came out of a recent DIV. Amazing find, it sure is cool to put a face to history.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This man is lucky that his ring was found by somebody who appreciates the personal and historical significance of the ring.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an amazing find. Rarley do you come upon a find with the individuals name
Rank or atherother id typ it congrates on Smashinngly great find sure as that
Congrats on a coo piece of history..................................HH

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir I think that with a liittle, look he' g!...........................HHmake a fine discovery...................................Keep lookin

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark I know I been talking too you about those trenches for a few months now and how to go about detecting them and it really is paying off!!! I just want too mention that if you are able too (and I know it all depends on if the land owner wants you too do this or not) but I think you need too start digging into those trenches archaeology type style and just start getting a bunch of dirt off the top of the trenches and then you will be able too hear the relics near the bottom.

As a i mentioned earlier in you're eagle breast plate find post that 80% of your relics in trenches are going too be down 10-20+ inches and then into the ground at the bottom of the trench over 150+ years. You could possibly hit pockets of relics near the bottom of the trenches thats normally how trenches roll all the relics are deep deep in there!! it can be hard work digging them out but the pay out could be endless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark1985

Mark1985

Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
whites spectra v3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank everyone for there post this was dream find for me have always sought after something I could tie to a single person an learn about them the ring has stolen my heart and is most Definitely my favorite part of my collection

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What else can be said . I have been getting online late and for short peroids of time over the HOLY Day weekend & just noticed the post of the ring for the first time this afternoon , I would have voted banner as well , but you did not need my vote anyway. True no place is ever hunted out , I tend to believe that some relics are waiting for the one thats SUPPOST to find them , as a local "Wildman" once told me. All tho I am in envy of the exquisite and unique piece of America's History . I am glad someone who appreciates the meaning it has to all relic hunters and Civil War historians alike. This discovery also gives much hope to relic hunters [new and old] that there are still beautiful & rare items still to be saved from the ravages of time. My deepest heart felt congradulations to you. Davers

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Even more amazing then. A sad and poignant. Nice it was recovered. I see you made banner...good on you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread