DFXKEV

Oct 29, 2006
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looks like a Skeleton Key to me, Heck when I was a kid, that's been a few years ago, lol, we used those kind of keys.

It could be any kind of door key. Nice find anyway. I'd go back to that site and look harder, bet you will find some coins there too!

HH, Ringfinder

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Probably goes to the heavy chest buried elsewhere in the field...LOL.....joe

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
that is a really neat key, cleaned up real nice.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

HH

papa

Sep 21, 2006
I would tend to agree with Gypsyheart,the barrel (shaft) is way larger than a desk or cabnet key.The cuts on the blade are also a clue.At least three tumblers on the lock,most door locks had three.Heavy duty what ever it was.

texaco

Greenie
Mar 29, 2005
I have a friend with a very similar key that came from France. He was in their version of a bed-and-breakfast. The building was very old and all the guest keys looked like your key. They were original to the house. He thought it was a great addition to the old world feel of the place. He thought he had returned it, but it showed up in his day bag when he was on the plane home. Very cool key, prob. has a long history behind it. WTG.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread