Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's big silver day!!!

I had a feeling it was going to be a good day today. Lakemonster and I went to a spot in a small north east Texas town that has, obviously, been overlooked or poorly hit by other MD'ers!! I'm getting too old for all of the up and down stuff, but, it was worth it today!!! Check this out:

me.jpg Quite tired at the end of the hunt! 06Vnickelobverse.jpg 06Vnickelreverse.jpg My first "V" nickel!! 1906
10Vnickelobverse.jpg 10Vnickelreverse.jpg My second "V" nickel 1910 Peaceobverse.jpg Peace reverse.jpg My first "Peace" dollar!! 1922

The "V" nickels were good enough, but, I just about stained my pants when I saw the reeded edge of that manhole cover in the hole....I'm in my heart attack years!

Here is a shot of today's take, sans pull tabs and shredded aluminum: todays_take.jpg 14 quarters, 8 dimes, two nickels and 16 zincolns, along with two buttons of some sort and a whatzit? with a pink heart on it. I'm not a photographer, so, excuse the poor images.

We have barely scratched this spot and haven't been to the "old" part yet!! You can bet we will be going back!!!

Everyone stay safe and thanks for looking............

Upvote 3

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet peace dollar. something very few ever experience finding. I hope my turn is coming soon!

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet looking dollar!!!! Congrats, :hello2: One of those is still on my wish list.

oddrod

Oct 31, 2012
Derby KS
Detector(s) used
Brother Bobs Tesoro Deleon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds. Hard to believe those manhole covers (2 funny) are still out there!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
manhole cover in the hole....I'm in my heart attack years!

lol @ manhole cover, sweet finds, those v nicks are in awesome shape too

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job at a good new site.

Yeah "man hole cover" is on my top ten list. Any will do, Spanish 8R (preferred), but will take a US or CAN.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rogerconley

Jan 2, 2013
GILMER, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 250, GARRETT 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job! I'm in Gilmer, Tx. and haven't found a lot of anything with my Garrett 1350

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good haul, ole boy!

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats and HH!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im tired just looking at all that diggin---congrads on a great hunt--:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What town? Im going to hit the family farm tomorrow in campbell tx.

I'm in Tyler.....about 75 miles SSE from where you are. Our sweet spot is "a ways" west of Tyler. Sorry, but, I'm not going to post an exact location on a forum.....I'm sure you understand. If you ever plan to be in the Tyler area, shoot me a PM in advance and maybe we could get together on some spots.

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im tired just looking at all that diggin---congrads on a great hunt--:icon_thumright:

Yeah, and that pic doesn't show all the pull tabs and aluminum shrapnel!!! That's a lot of getting up and down for an old crippled guy, but, days like this one make it all worthwhile!!!

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day it was!Congrats on the great finds!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job! I'm in Gilmer, Tx. and haven't found a lot of anything with my Garrett 1350

You only about 40 miles from Tyler, but, our new found "honey hole" is in the opposite direction. You have some sweet looking spots in YOUR town that Lakemonster and I have been looking at. Have you ever hit Yamboree Park. It ought to be good for a bunch of clad and some occasional jewelry. And that area just south of the park, behind the Walmart, looks to be an old ball field, if so, that would be a great place to swing......especially, the line closest to the Walmart property where the bleachers probably would have been (along the home plate to first line). The park looks to have a very big tot lot, that ought to be good for clad and some jewelry......did all those foil and pull tab signals, especially around the swings. Roosevelt Park looks like another potential spot, especially with that school nearby. Have to hit either of those?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread