Old school house

search_and_find

Dec 27, 2006
Springfield, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
I found a map of my town from 1850. Comes in handy to find the cellar holes. It even showed where the #3 school house was....about 1 mile from my house. My husband and I went out on our 4wheelers. He said ya know hun I've ridden that trail 1000s of times and don't ever remember seeing any signs of a school there. Sure enough we found it, ok what was left of it. First the detector found some old tin cans and unfortunately the LARGE milk bottles were broken beside them. Found 3 of the 4 corner stones of the building and 2 large trees lay right across everything so swinging a detector is very hard.
My son showed up on his dirt bike so we made a family day of it. I found the signals, my husband dug and my son searched the holes!
2 bullet shells
a perfect shaped square head nail
a lot of bricks
and a dime 1966....in the road
SOOOOOOO many roots to dig through.
Sorry, no pics yet...have to have my daughter help me with that.

Stopped on the way back at 2 cellar holes that we knew were there but I have to get permission from the land owner first. His care taker gave me permission a few years ago but since then our families have had some problems....kids...so I am REALLY hoping the offer still stands!

Drove 4 hours round trip to the beach the other day to find 5 pennies....glad my daughter and her boyfriend had fun!

Upvote 0

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
;D Kudos Kudos Kudos ;D

Love reading that the family was together on these great finds!

If you ever get a chance would love to see pictures. . not only of the new found treasures but of the area you went hunting. . love seeing those too ;D

Bogart :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread