Two Diamond days at Diamond Head

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at a conference in Honolulu and managed to metal detect the beaches for a few hours on two different mornings. Silver ring and gold earring (and marking off a bucket list item) were the result. Got up at 5:30am and put the E-trac to work until crowds started moving in and I needed to go to breakfast. Really surprised at number of finds, since these beaches were grated (watched trash collector Zamboni type machine rake the beach the second morning). Found the ring toward the end of the first morning, came back to same beach the next morning. Ring has 925 the a small symbol I can't read and CHINA on the band. Stones look well set. Earring is missing one stone (of 25) but is definitely gold since it is perfect 12:12 on E-trac.

Attachments

• 04042013374.jpg
    04042013374.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 04052013375.jpg
    04052013375.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best part is ring fits my wife. Now she has an everyday wedding ring since her real one, the sapphire stick out to much.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. I think the raking helped, since maybe everyone assumed that it picked up the goodies with the trash. I certainly worried about that. I didn't see any other MD'ers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread