MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Hit a pounded park with the AT pro in trashy areas and I found a wheat and my oldest American coin yet. An 1822 Large Cent, this large cent is the best condition I've seen dug!! A really great dark patina, so I tried to take better pictures of that.... Somethings not right with my photo's if anyone knows why please help....??

Keep @ it and HH !!

Attachments

• Largecent01302 001.jpg
    Largecent01302 001.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Largecent01302 002.jpg
    Largecent01302 002.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Upvote 1

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
I love my AT! Those "hunted out" spots are still giving up the goods here also! Keep it up and HH!!!!

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.my buddy really likes his at pro.keep up the good work.

diggin tennessee

Jun 26, 2010
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
white's and explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only gets better with the at. I have one now and am finding stuff in my old hunted out sites. Great job

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work!!, thats what im hopin when i upgrade my 350 to the at pro

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't vouch for the AT but looking through the dirt with more power is totally exciting!!! Congrats on the large cent!

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone, its a great machine !!

Keep @ it and HH !!

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score !

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ya there! I have been hitting all the old spots with my new AT Pro and it is almost like hitting virgin territory!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any detector is only as good as its operator, and you and your Pro seam to be a deadly combination!

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Good for you ! So what detector are you comparing the AT too ????

It's always the same story and push about the "Super AT Pro" . It's a great machine but I'd like to know what other machines are you comparing it too ??? This story has been told 1000 times with every detector made , why ? IMHO , Woodstock

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think he was comparing his machine to any other. From what read, he is just happy with how his machine performs. I started out with an Ace 250, and I was impressed with how it performed. There are better machines than the Ace, and in fact, I use the CTX 3030 now. I think it was just a statement about how much he loves his machine, and didn't involve any other manufacturer in the post.

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
It's always the same story and push about the "Super AT Pro" . It's a great machine but I'd like to know what other machines are you comparing it too ??? This story has been told 1000 times with every detector made , why ? IMHO , Woodstock

The AT is my first machine, I hunted with my dads GTA1000 when I was younger, but I love it. I bought my son an MXT Pro and he loves it and as a matter of fact he smoked my butt with it on our evening hunt yesterday. But for under $600 you get a great machine easy to learn and it goes plenty deep with good discrimination. Later on I may have the money to purchase a minelab to go a little deeper but for now I'm good with the AT...

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats and HH!

I don't always leave the house, but when I do it's with my metal detector. Happy hunting, my friends.

JABBERWOCKY

Apr 20, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, S.E.F coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the LC!! I can't wait to test this myself. hunted for 2 years with a stock Ace250. This last winter I upgraded with a S.E.F. coil and I've been pulling big silver from locations I hit hard with the stock rig....next winter the plan is to upgrade to an AT Pro and I'm sure to revisit there same spots to try and quantify the increased performance. GL&HH !

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also finding things at my "hunted out park" with my AT Pro, in areas I know I have been over already heavily with my Tesoro. Having said that, I have found things with the Tesoro in the same areas I have been over as well. Some of this is due to the search "angle of approach", and moisture content of the soil. The AT pro is finding some of the deeper items, but struggles in the really trashy areas because of the size of the stock coil. I am considering getting the 5x8 for this reason.

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
I am also finding things at my "hunted out park" with my AT Pro, in areas I know I have been over already heavily with my Tesoro. Having said that, I have found things with the Tesoro in the same areas I have been over as well. Some of this is due to the search "angle of approach", and moisture content of the soil. The AT pro is finding some of the deeper items, but struggles in the really trashy areas because of the size of the stock coil. I am considering getting the 5x8 for this reason.

I agree the can slaw we were in yesterday was horrible on the AT, I am running the stock coil as well. But was surprised the Mxt Pro my boy was using with the stock 12" coil performed so well in the trash. Anyway you have good days and bad days with any detector.....

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tesoro with the 7" concentric coil does really well in the trashy areas. I also have the 4" coil for it to hunt the crevices of the rocky outcrops that surround the park. My park is well hunted, but continues to grudgingly give up it's buried treasure. Last Sunday I found 7 wheats and a turquoise/silver ring...all in areas I have been over before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread