abonaned wooded campground in MA

djbutler76

Apr 12, 2013
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the wake of the tragedy that happened in Boston (20 min down the road. My neighbor lost both legs) I decided to take out the MD and lighten the mood. Hit an old campground that has since been forgotten. These are todays finds. Think I found a bracelet but not sure. The rest is iron. Also not sure about the horseshoe like object. Any comment or ideas would be appreciated. The camp has been abondoned since the 1940s IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1646.JPG IMG_1647.JPG IMG_1649.JPG

Upvote 3

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would seem to me that you've an untouched treasure trove at your feet. Looks like the first items are pieces of camping equipment though I do not think the horseshoe looking thing is actually that though I do not know what it is. HSoes usually do not come to a closed end and they would have a series of holes all around the circular part.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor, that is a real tragedy! I hope he recovers well and has some really good people taking care of him and that he can get around well on his prosthetic legs. I would hope the city/state/feds would really take good care of the victims.

Your getting out to MD was a good idea, I suspect you will make some good finds there................63kpkr

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such tragedies touch everyone's life in some way, some more than others. Let your neighbor know that the folks at TNet are praying for him or her and all of the victims.
On a lighter note...You have a site with tremendous potential there! Great finds so far!

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the horseshoe looking thing appears to be part of a bottle opener to my eyes. grab any non twist off bottled beer and see if it fits. wait nevermind you said that was a bracelet I thought it was a ring. :)

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The horse shoe looking thing could actually be a horse shoe, but I have no idea of the size, so can't say for sure. But if it is a horse shoe, it is a corrective shoe called a "bar shoe" and is use to correct a problem with a horses foot, anything from contracted heels to only being able to get a few nails in the foot, and a few things in between. A double OO shoe is small, but from what I'm seeing in the photo, the horse shoe is even smaller than that.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts and prayers gone out to the victims buddy.it takes a sorry excuse of a person to do something like that.Bosnmate I believe has it.to me its just like a bar shoe theres several different types and this is one of them.but really got nothing to go by for size wise to give a better I'd.

OP
OP
djbutler76

djbutler76

Apr 12, 2013
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the info and well wishes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread