30 Minute hunt in my Uncles yard. Silver, Buttons and Badges!

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to my Uncles today and laid some carpet for him today. He Lives in a town that the Oregon and Mormon Trails runs through so I took along the M.D. After I finished installing the carpet I took 30 minutes and hunted a very small part of his yard.

The top is a 1932 Post Cereal Badge The button is a WWI Military Button and the bottom right is a 1920's Trade token for a store in Fremont NE.

Uncle Eds.jpg

Upvote 3

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's an amazing hunt for 30 mins imagine what's there covering the rest of the yard lol congrats!!!

jpmccutc

Apr 19, 2013
Debary, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett pin pointer,vibra tector 730
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yeah, brother!

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, the badge is really cool.

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the badge! Congrats and HH!

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, update, I work for a medium sized ISP here in Neb. All the employees and bosses are just like family. My boss saw some of my finds on facebook ( I got his dad into detecting last year) He told me those were awesome and said "Hey why dont you take a day off this week and go down to my dads and go detecting on some of his property? AWESOME RIGHT? I have been wanting to go there for some time now, he has land right in the heart of the same trails I listed above AND some of his property is what is now an old ghost town where people heading west for the gold rush would stop and camp.

They would camp just outside of this town and all the town folks, wanting to sell their goods, told them how "easy" it was finding gold out west. When the miners returned finding nothing, they camped outside of town again and were very upset at the towns folk and decided they were going to burn the town down.

Well, somehow the towns people found out their plan and actually met them at the edge of town and ran them off, forcing them to leave all their stuff behind.

This has the potential to be one awesome hunt! Im heading out in the morning and I will report back my finds, good or bad. Wish me luck :)

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding history wish I could come hit it with you.

OP
OP
QuarterMaster

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully the karma gods are with me, My bosses dad found an 186x 2 cent piece just laying on top of the ground out there a few years ago, before he had a detector. This land has been in his family for a very long time and to the best of his knowledge it has never been hunted, not even by him, until tomorrow.

I would enjoy having company, its a lot more fun finding something when you have someone you can show it to immediately.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How cool, great finds!

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice keeper finds in a short period of time QM. I've only found 1 token so far, an 1835 Hart Times Token, but I think they can be more interesting than coins some times. That cerial premium is very cool and is in decent shape for being buried for a number of years.

Sounds like you've got a great hunting opportunity to find more interesting items at that site.

Good Luck.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wow, cool finds and great history of that place! :hello2: Hope you and your friend find LOTS of goodies on return visit! HH Andi :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread