silver drought ends with a ring that says "Love Life, Be Brave"

coiny

Jan 3, 2010
Houston, TX
This morning I went to a spot that I have kind of been saving. I know some of you like to hit the area between the sidewalk and street so I gave it a try today. I found a site that is an older part of town and there are 70 to 80 year old oak trees lining the street. When I did recon on the place weeks ago, I noticed that they had torn out the sidewalk, moved the walkway back away from the street and used crushed marble instead of cement. So, that left plenty of space for metal detecting. Given the history, I was sure that I would find that elusive SLQ or at least a merc but I did not. I found $1.11 in clad, some brass and copper and a silver ring that says "Love Life" on the outside. On the inside of the band, it says "Be Brave."

You can kind of see it in the second picture. It is stamped 925 on the inside also. I found it about 20 minutes into the hunt. It was about 2 or 3 inches down.
newsite1.JPG

newsite2.JPG

So, I did not get the old silver coin that I wanted but I got some silver. I will be going back to that spot in the future because I just know I can find a Barber quarter/dime or SLQ there.

Oh, if you read my post from yesterday, I mentioned that I was going to hit a vacant lot. I did that yesterday afternoon. I found 1 1941 wheat penny, 2 Lincoln memorials, on old (1940s/1950s)closet door knob and a piece of brass piping. It was still a fun hunt.

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please stop posting the same thread over and over. Post it once, we will see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread