New Colonial Sites Lead to my First GOLD coin!!!!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with The Patriot today to try some new spots in an area with some age and potential. Lots of pottery and broken glass showing up but for the most part finds were bits and bobs and scrap brass and lead. Then out popped this, an 1800 1/3 Guinea gold coin! I was honestly in shock, I NEVER expected I'd find a gold coin, and a 213 year old one at that. I don't think Patriot could believe it either! It was my only coin for the day, and after we tried three new sites that should have had lots more goodies we tried an old beat site and I came up with some musketballs and a bale seal. All in all, with the great weather, some free sausages and taters from a nice farmer, good company and a gold coin, it was one of my best days detecting yet!
IMAG0282.jpg
IMAG0284.jpg
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG

Upvote 56

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right.... I was in disbelief when you said I think I found a gold coin...Your voice was calm and almost doubtful! Even when I saw it at first I didn't believe it...almost looked like a tarnished silver coin...but looking at it longer you could certainly tell it was gold! I think I was more excited than you...I won't post my finds, a few colonial coppers, musket balls, bale seal, buttons and buckles... I knew I was finished when I saw a little guy that resembled this fella walking the field...

A big congrats and that's a banner in my books!!!

Attachments

• skunk.jpg
    skunk.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,968

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow how cool! congrats!!!!!!!! :notworthy: HH

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1/3 Guinea gold coin has to = BANNER! Huge congrats on the find, I don't know how anyone can stay calm digging up a gold coin, heck I was hoarse for a day after yelling gold.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right on brother!:notworthy:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man! Haha, I don't think I believed it myself, didn't want to get too excited and it turn out to not be gold. I was sure shaking though!! Now can't wait to get out again!

You are right.... I was in disbelief when you said I think I found a gold coin...Your voice was calm and almost doubtful! Even when I saw it at first I didn't believe it...almost looked like a tarnished silver coin...but looking at it longer you could certainly tell it was gold! I think I was more excited than you...I won't post my finds, a few colonial coppers, musket balls, bale seal, buttons and buckles... I knew I was finished when I saw a little guy that resembled this fella walking the field...

A big congrats and that's a banner in my books!!!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!! Haha, I've always been more of an inwardly excited person. But man the adrenaline was going!

1/3 Guinea gold coin has to = BANNER! Huge congrats on the find, I don't know how anyone can stay calm digging up a gold coin, heck I was hoarse for a day after yelling gold.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats some beautiful gold:hello2: in coin form there! Have no clue what I would do on finding one :dontknow: Looks like a banner item to me for sure also!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin! :hello2: Been waiting 213 years for you. I would be shaking too! Great find.
HH
TnMtns

Downstream

Jan 12, 2012
Utah
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic Hunthicks! I dream of days like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread