Same yard more silver

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same yard, more silver and Wheat cents. Went back today got another Mercury dime, this one from 1924. Silver Washington:1959-D (beautiful condition) Another, but File65.jpg larger aluminum play coin from "Grimsland" and 5 Wheat cents the oldest being 1910 and 1919. As is often the case when metal detecting: I was on my last pass, getting ready to leave and right at the edge of the yard I found the Washington quarter. I think I have pulled around 70 coins from this yard in two days! Going to be staying in this neighborhood for a while!

Upvote 10
OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep there is so much trash and so little good stuff that comes up with the same ID that I rarely dig anything that registers as a cap, square-tab or round-tab. I will dig stuff that looks/sounds odd that are not those exact numbers though. I know I miss nickels but I have much more productive digging time as well. Hopefully any gold coins I may go over will not sound exactly like a typical tab and will give me a clue that it may be something better (this seems to happen a lot with the Etrac: best machine I have ever owned!)
its nice to dig everything in private yards because while they do have their share of trash, its no where near as bad as public parks found a CZ 18k plated ring on a foil signal at a farmhouse, I must admit in a public place id often leave that be and even though it was plated it was nice to pull a plug and see some shiney yellow looking back at me lol

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks...I need to detect on farmland sometime...if I just knew a good site ...working on it.
Nice silvers there! I keep thinking that I need to find a new site, then farmer harrows and its like a while new one.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting, but that is the end of the era of silver coins so there should be some. What's the most you've found in one yard?
Congrats on another awesome day Soverignelite!
I've got a few of those aluminum Grimlands too (I call them "gremlins")

Private homes can be real silvermines :)

In the burbs near Chicago where I live, the best luck I've had in finding shear numbers of silver have been at homes built in the early to mid 1950's.

HH!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Congrats on your dream yard, I have had 2 of these since I started detecting. Hope I stumble on another one soon... great finds, I know its still holding more for you. Good luck!

mizzoufan96

Apr 14, 2013
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought of scanning my coins, good idea (: Nice finds!

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Been rained out for 2 days. Only hunted my new site for 20 minutes but still got two wheats (1916 and 1944) so potential is good.
Congrats on your dream yard, I have had 2 of these since I started detecting. Hope I stumble on another one soon... great finds, I know its still holding more for you. Good luck!

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it gives the best pics unless you can afford a camera for closeup shots. My digital camera sucks for that. Scanning is the way I always do coins if I can help it.
I never thought of scanning my coins, good idea (: Nice finds!

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks hope to finally have a dry day to hunt new yard later this morning: bit early right now though (2:45 am):laughing7: Has been raining for 3 days!
Congrats on the silver... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New yard more silver and more!

File97.jpg File94.jpg File95.jpg File98.jpg File100.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread