Awesome Silver Quarter Spill 5 Silvers on 2 Hunts Silvers #34-#38 For The Year

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well! I got out yesterday and today Joe Ace 250 came with me. :blackbeard: I tried to get all my silver digs on video today but missed 2 one of the quarters and the rosie. So frustrating ... :BangHead: I got them in the final overview though. Also got a 1910 Wheat penny with a 3D impression of Teddy Roosevelt. Which is interesting because his presidency lasted from 1901 - 1909 and the Penny was a 1910. The year after his term ended. The penny has a brass knob on back like it might have been a cuff link or lapel pin or something like that. :dontknow:It was coated in a silver like substance, possibly silver or maybe soldier/lead. It was shinny for sure.:hello2: Anyway the Pics and video is below.

IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1288.JPG IMG_1289.JPG IMG_1290.JPG IMG_1291.JPG IMG_1292.JPG IMG_1293.JPG IMG_1294.JPG IMG_1295.JPG IMG_1296.JPG IMG_1297.JPG IMG_1298.JPG IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1287.JPG IMG_1286.JPG IMG_1274.JPG IMG_1275.JPG IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1278.JPG IMG_1279.JPG IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1281.JPG IMG_1282.JPG IMG_1283.JPG IMG_1284.JPG IMG_1285.JPG IMG_1300.JPG

Upvote 5

pug

May 14, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some really great finds you got there. The 3-D is pretty awesome, I have never seen anything like it. congratulations on the silver. nice load

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice silver haul! I've seen some coins with the 3-D stamped effect they are like souvenirs. At some tourist type place you could put your coin into a slot like machine and pay to get it pressed.

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of nice finds. Congrats on the silver, and I really like the 3D wheatie. It looks like it might have been a cuff link.

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen a "pop-out" Lincoln cent before!! Very unique find!!!! I wonder who it's supposed to represent? Sure doesn't look like Lincoln!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing at 6:39 in your video is a "Sliding Tent Tightener" from what could be the civil war. I found one myself years ago, that's how I know... It's a great relic !
Nice coins and relics... Awesome popup coin, high on my list....
Keep @ it and HH !!

Last edited:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds, I have never seen a coin like that.

OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen a "pop-out" Lincoln cent before!! Very unique find!!!! I wonder who it's supposed to represent? Sure doesn't look like Lincoln!

It's Teddy Roosevelt. He served after Calvin Coolidge, form 1901 - 1909. So his image on a 1910 penny is in the right time period.

OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing at 6:39 in your video is a "Sliding Tent Tightener" from what could be the civil war. I found one myself years ago, that's how I know... It's a great relic !
Nice coins and relics... Awesome popup coin, high on my list....
Keep @ it and HH !!

Thanks! My friend and I were discussing what this might be. WOW .... that is a great find then thanks for the information. I found out the area could date back before the civil war as far as plantations and farmland. So that would make sense.

OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of nice finds. Congrats on the silver, and I really like the 3D wheatie. It looks like it might have been a cuff link.

That was my first impression also. I just wish I could have found the other one I would have used them as cuff links.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome silvers. that pop out penny is bad-azz. that's the first one I've ever seen that is a penny, and the first one I've seen that is an image other than Lady Liberty. Super cool!

OP
OP
B

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome silvers. that pop out penny is bad-azz. that's the first one I've ever seen that is a penny, and the first one I've seen that is an image other than Lady Liberty. Super cool!

Yep and it was coated with some type of silver looking stuff. I don't know if they had it silver plated or maybe it was solder/lead coated. Anyway I sure enjoyed finding that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread