Silver #39 of 2013 was a pretty good one...BIG and sitting.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Big Digger (Brad), Deeponedge (Darrel), and Dave-IL a couple of days ago in some windy, chilly weather...to a field site that B-Rad once again researched and located for us.

Illinois weather is a little strange to say the least...60 degrees and a t-shirt on the Harley one day...45 degrees and a stocking cap with jacket the next day...then back to 65 degrees and 3" of rain the next day.???

This is my first post of finds for 2013. I haven't, and probably won't post finds often this year simply because I don't have the time. I've been spending some quality time with my Dad who is getting ready to have a 4th stint put in his heart...have been very busy with personal training at the gym... and have also been spending some personal time riding the Harley.

However I do hunt often...and if and when I make a nicer find...one I feel is memorable to me... or that is found in a unique way with trash, iron, etc, I'll probably try to post it.

I also always keep up with reading everyone's finds on a daily basis and enjoy seeing what others are unearthing.

Anyway this one was one strange site as Dave pulled a large cent a few weeks ago...then Brad pulled a large cent from here a few weeks later...then we all found some wheaties and mercs within a few feet of where the large cents came from??

Just can't figure this place out...but I'm not complaining!

I got a nice deep signal from about 8" so I called Brad over to give it a listen.

We pulled it from the wet soil and I was excited to see it was big silver. I was thinking probably a Washington Quarter since I had just dug a 1958 Roosie from over 9" just a couple of minutes earlier.

I flipped it over to see what the other side was like and it was caked too...so I started rubbing some of the soil away and was shocked to see the sweet outline of an eagle appear.

After some much appreciated congrats from Brad...we started to carefully work on the front a little at a time until the seated lady appeared.

What a rush to find a seated quarter when I was expecting a Washington...and would have been thrilled with that because it was silver #4 for the day.

In fact it came from an area within 30 feet of where I had just dug a 1946 wheatie and the 58' Roosie?????

Possibly the farmer had drug it with a plow from an "older" section where the large cents came from...to where I found it??

Oh well...again I'm not complaining...as it put a big smile on my face and also allowed Herky to aid in digging and partake in the fun. :hello:

You just NEVER KNOW!
:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 12

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice..100 yr independence anniversary year also...awesome!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd sure like to see that puppy cleaned up a bit - (and I'm not talking about Herky either !) Great find Bryce !

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you got a great field there brother! Congrats on the Seated Q. Same year as my one and only Seated Q except mine was worn almost smooth. Post some pics of that coin cleaned up a bit. Great catching up with you last night. Best, Erik

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Seated Quarter! It's good to see you & Herky out digging up some nice keepers! :icon_thumright:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice place! Great feeling finding a nice coin...I found two halves in one small yard. The second one was a Barber half, when I flipped that over and saw the face of Liberty and then the eagle WOW! Congrats on an awesome find! What led you to this field/site? I am constantly amazed at you guys who pull incredible coins out of the middle of nowhere! I hunt yards mostly.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice place! Great feeling finding a nice coin...I found two halves in one small yard. The second one was a Barber half, when I flipped that over and saw the face of Liberty and then the eagle WOW! Congrats on an awesome find! What led you to this field/site? I am constantly amazed at you guys who pull incredible coins out of the middle of nowhere! I hunt yards mostly.
Hi friend. My buddy Brad is a master at research and is always coming up with new sites. Some pay off...and some don't...but he is great at getting permission too. I personally prefer park hunting...and trying to sniff one more keeper out...but the fields are a blast too if you find one that produces.

Awesome Seated Quarter! It's good to see you & Herky out digging up some nice keepers! :icon_thumright:
Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

Looks like you got a great field there brother! Congrats on the Seated Q. Same year as my one and only Seated Q except mine was worn almost smooth. Post some pics of that coin cleaned up a bit. Great catching up with you last night. Best, Erik
Thanks brother. All I do to my silver is rinse them in warm water...not much else.

I'd sure like to see that puppy cleaned up a bit - (and I'm not talking about Herky either !) Great find Bryce !
Thanks my friend. A quick rinse is all I give the silver

very nice..100 yr independence anniversary year also...awesome!!
Thanks friend

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Real nice! still looks cold there

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a nice find. I'm very jealous.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats awesome!, gotta love them fields!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that is sweet congrats! HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X