First silver, now gold 2xs...I think I found a honey hole!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
First silver, now gold 2x's...I think I found a honey hole!

3 days ago I found an old park and I found a honker of a silver ring next to one of my favorite areas to hunt...a basketball court.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/355159-big-chunky-silver-ring.html

Man is there trash at this 90 year old park, even more around this basketball site.
I have found that at these sites the more trash the better I like it because hunters usually avoid these type of super trashy sites, or if they do hunt them unless they use sniper coils and dig a ton of trash, masking is a huge problem.
Me, I love to dig trash at sites like this because I know there is a great chance much better treasure is hiding there.
My second trip back to this site is starting to prove just that.

Still hunting around that basketball court I dug up over $6 in clad even though I dug about the same that day I dug the big silver ring.
That was nice, but better than that I dug up the end of a crummy chain.
I followed that chain down into the ground deeper and deeper digging along the way so I wouldn't break it.
Wouldn't you know it, when I finally got to the end of this 25 inch chain at the end of this dirty thing was something much cleaner and way more special...a tiny.9 gram gold ring.

Feeling pretty good about that I continued on and at an area that was still near this court I came across another signal which was a 24 on my F2 and 99.9% of the time this would be a condiment packet.
Every time I have dug gold it has been a surprise.
I have dug 16 gold rings and 2 gold chains so far and just about every one has been disguised as something else...usually trash.
Luckily, I am one of those dig-it-all type of hunters so I dig digging trash.
Really glad I am that way on this signal.
This was no condiment packet.

I opened a little hole, turned up the small plug and sicking out of the side of that plug was something round, shiny, and had 3 sparkling little rocks mounted in it.

More tasty than any ketchup, mustard or mayo serving, it happened to be a 4.6 gram white gold ring with what I am pretty sure are real diamonds.
Just like the silver ring I found, this one also fits me perfectly.

These three rings came from just one side of this large court, I have 3 others to hunt not to mention the rest of this pretty trashy park.

This is just beginning....more to come I hope.

Attachments

• P1040165.jpg
    P1040165.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 115
  • P1040183.jpg
    P1040183.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 125
  • P1040180.jpg
    P1040180.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 118
  • P1040169.jpg
    P1040169.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 122
  • P1040175.jpg
    P1040175.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Upvote 5
OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Having trouble loading pics so I will keep trying.
Ok...there they are.

Last edited:

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go thanks for sharing can't wait to see what more you find at that park good luck

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds !

CoinandRelicMan