New Tejon in Virgin Park Scores Silver and $$$

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit a new park this morning after the rain finally gave us a break here in lower New York. I now know it is a “virgin” park, and I had the place all to myself from around 6am – 9am, before I had to start dodging dog walkers and nannies with small children. I left around 12pm, with over $25.00 in clad, including five $1 coins, a 1966 Kennedy Half, and four silver Rosies! I probably have around 50-pennies (not shown) and the same amount of pulltabs. Needless to say, I am one tired old man!

If I wasn’t leaving for the Blackthorne Resort hunt up in the Catskills tomorrow, I would be hitting my new area again tomorrow! Most of the finds averaged around 6", with the deepest being aound 10" (all dimes, including one silver). I LOVE the dual discrimination on this Tejon!

Attachments

• coinhunt 004.jpg
    coinhunt 004.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 152
  • coinhunt 006.jpg
    coinhunt 006.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 139
  • coinhunt 003.jpg
    coinhunt 003.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 11

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:..me and mine have a Love/hate relationship,but she is a BEAST!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice haul! I know where you will be on your first day back.

sceptre

Greenie
May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still confused about the dual disc on the Tejon. Are they both active at the same time or does the toggle switch choose between them?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still confused about the dual disc on the Tejon. Are they both active at the same time or does the toggle switch choose between them?

The toggle. You an go from Discrim setting 1, to Discrim setting 2, to All Metal with just the flick of the toggle. This is a DEEEEEP machine!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow, that is an enormous amount of change! I'm sure it was great fun to pull all of that.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a new park this morning after the rain finally gave us a break here in lower New York. I now know it is a “virgin” park, and I had the place all to myself from around 6am – 9am, before I had to start dodging dog walkers and nannies with small children. I left around 12pm, with over $25.00 in clad, including five $1 coins, a 1966 Kennedy Half, and four silver Rosies! I probably have around 50-pennies (not shown) and the same amount of pulltabs. Needless to say, I am one tired old man!

If I wasn’t leaving for the Blackthorne Resort hunt up in the Catskills tomorrow, I would be hitting my new area again tomorrow! Most of the finds averaged around 6", with the deepest being aound 10" (all dimes, including one silver). I LOVE the dual discrimination on this Tejon!

Impressive... Nice finds, thats a lot of digging !

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow!! awesome hunt and finds fella!!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Terry, that's some heavy digging for sure. Congrats on the silvers, they are always a treat to find in a hole.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread