LOTS of firsts for me- first jewelry, first gold, first recovery and return!!

jcono

Aug 31, 2011
All,

I am still new at the MD'ing game, but had a great day over the weekend.
I belong to a NJ beach hunter's facebook group... on Sunday, a fellow member said he was contacted by a guy who lost his wedding band on the beach...
The member tried to help the guy and looked for the ring for a couple of hours to no avail. The MD'er wanted to see if anyone else in the group might be in the area and willing to have a go at finding this guy's ring. I was only a few miles away, so I went for it. About 3 hrs. of hunting- I was about to give up- and I got
a little tone on my Sov GT.... Well, what do you know!!! It was this guy's big-arse white gold band!!!
Ring returned to the happy dude and his wife... a nice young couple... they offered some cash but I declined. It felt nice to finally find a piece of jewelry, and gold, and be able to return this big honkin' ring!

Special thanks to Marty Comiskey and the Jersey Shore Beach and Surf Hunters FB group- that's where I found out about the missing ring- they are a great, very supportive group!

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 109
  • me jason.jpg
    me jason.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 5

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome! Great job. I found a monster diamond wedding ring a couple lost at Daytona Beach. Makes you feel good saving something that means the world to them. Now I wish I could find one for myself. Lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very, very cool. Congratulations!!!! :hello2::notworthy:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A handshake or a heartfelt thank you is always enough for me. But I always have people ask how much did they give you for returning someones property to them.I return because that is what feels right to me.If I have no way of knowing who it belongs to it's mine or should I say it's my WIFE's LOL.

Mudslide

Sep 18, 2005
Brandon,VT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, jcono!! You rock! It is a great feeling to reunite owners with their cherished objects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread