It Could Be Good When Our Hobby Sucks! (IN A GOOD WAY)

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20130602_154318_resized.jpg 20130602_155936_resized(1).jpg 20130602_171210_resized.jpg 20130602_180537_1_resized.jpg 20130602_173555_resized.jpg I mean this in a good way! Today in New Hampshire, it was too hot to swing a detector, so I decided to try something that came to me one day while thinking of new treasure hunting techniques. Well, today, I tried it on a hunch and it paid off IMMEDIATELY and I ended up with $19.48 in clad coins and some sterling silver jewelry. We all have used the big vacuum machines at the car wash. What happens to the coins and jewelry that gets sucked up because we either dont have time to pre-scan the rug area? I was surprised to find that it all just goes to the bottom of the machine and into a basket. Its just trash, right? I would do the company a favor by cleaning their baskets out...right? So, today, I did just that. One basket gave up old french fries, dog hair, hair clips, coins and jewelry. Thats right. $19.48 in clad coins, and a few pieces of sterling jewelry. Not only was it exciting to sift the contents with my sifting screen, it was easy as all get out. Has this ever occurred to anyone else to do? Not sure, but I am hooked. If I am finding sterling, gold is just a matter of time. What should we call this type of treasure hunting? If you decide to try this., PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN AROUND THE BASKETS! It seems if they catch on, they will find a way to padlock the cabinet and basket shut. Tell me what you think of this. Today was a success!:laughing7:

Upvote 6

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAN THAT'S SUCKS,....... that I didn't think about doing that!!!!!:dontknow:

Great job, not if we can only keep this on the downlow!!!:notworthy:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They will probably pad lock it the next time the guy comes to empty it. I would think he has been sifting through the goodies just like you! Lol. Hope it holds out for ya though!

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Where I live all the vacuums that I've came across are part of the whole cabinet and are locked ... to bad for me ... Woodstock

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
They will probably pad lock it the next time the guy comes to empty it. I would think he has been sifting through the goodies just like you! Lol. Hope it holds out for ya though!
It would not surprise me if someone just dumps in in a garbage truck or something and don't even look.

We use to do the same thing with the trap when I worked at Jiffy Lube.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont wanna sound like a worry wert but something about this sounds possibly illegal??, hopefully im wrong, and if i am good for you!! and i hope it keeps up for ya

OP
OP
thecolonel

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont wanna sound like a worry wert but something about this sounds possibly illegal??, hopefully im wrong, and if i am good for you!! and i hope it keeps up for ya
I would respect that if someone approached me. But i would think a sign posted on the vacuums would do a better job of keeping "CarWashers" at bay!

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the way you think. But it totally creeps me out to think what all is in that bucket that you are sifting through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions