Is this old farm equipment?

cusedpjd

Jun 4, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious if anyone can help me identify these finds, all located together about a foot under the ground next to the tree on my front lawn. Land used to be a farm before 1991. The items on the ends are a pair, with the left one bent but it seems like they connected to something. The two items in the center were found on different days but the 2nd pic shows they seem to fit together. I am guessing it is old farm equipment. Any ideas? Thanks. front_tree_find.jpg front_tree_find_connected.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cusedpjd

cusedpjd

Jun 4, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope that it is not farm equipment or nope that you don't know what it is?

Lygore

Nov 7, 2012
It looks like the pneumatic break for a door, but older. Maybe a spring one? Either way I think it's that piece to keep the door from slamming open or closed.

OP
OP
cusedpjd

cusedpjd

Jun 4, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lygore. That actually makes sense now because I also found this piece not too far away from it a few weeks ago. Think this is the spring part you were referring to?
pic.jpg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spring part in your last pic is part of a gopher trap I believe, you can still buy them at hardware stores.And the spring in your other pic with the tubing attached to it looks like an emergency brake cable with the cable missing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cusedpjd

cusedpjd

Jun 4, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would make sense as I found it in the back yard near the edge of the woods. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread